yfz450 shocks on j-arm banshee?

jedsled

will the yfz450 frt. shocks work on the j-arm banshees? will it only need the modifications talked about on the a-arm banshees? thanks!

Is there a difference in mounting points on a J-arm banshee and a A-arm banshee? If the frame has different mounting points then my "GUESS" is that they won't work. At least without some sort of modification. I am rather new to Banshees and understand there are two different variations, even though I am not 100% on what is exactly different. how difficult would it be to convert to a-arms from a J-arm standpoint.

Is there a difference in mounting points on a J-arm banshee and a A-arm banshee? If the frame has different mounting points then my "GUESS" is that they won't work. At least without some sort of modification. I am rather new to Banshees and understand there are two different variations, even though I am not 100% on what is exactly different. how difficult would it be to convert to a-arms from a J-arm standpoint.

the upper j-arm/a-arm doesnt connect w/ the shock, only the lower a-arms. its my understanding that the mounting points for the top of the shock on both the j-arm and a-arm banshee frames are the same, and that the lower a-arms on both j-arm and a-arm banshees are also the same. can anyone confirm this? i thought that all stock banshee shocks are the same from ALL years regardless if its a j-arm or a-arm banshee. can someone let me know for sure? i also thought i saw a pic of someones j-arm banshee on here having yfz shocks...

I owned A j-arm frame before I converted to an a-arm frame and the only difference is the mounting point for the j-arm.The shock mounts are the same so there shouldnt be A problem.

FINALLY! thanks for answering my question bill. how was the conversion to a-arm? any problems with it? was it pretty easy? which brand conversion kit did you go with? thanks.

FINALLY! thanks for answering my question bill. how was the conversion to a-arm? any problems with it? was it pretty easy? which brand conversion kit did you go with? thanks.

I didnt use A weld in conversion kit I just got A different frame.