Carb Sizes Larger Than Stock Don't Work Well.

jayzx10r

I'm actually not a fan of the Toomey needles at all. Back in the past when I was on a lot, there were quite a few peeps having trouble with jetting their machines and Toomey needles were often times the culprit. And, unless somethings changed, the Toomey needle is nothing more than a Blaster needle.

So what needle should I run in my Blaster? Just bought a Toomey B1 pipe kit with pipe/silencer/filter/jets/12-1"air box filters... :shrug: Waiting for it via snail mail...

BTW: I believe Toomeys General Manager is selling Banshee Pipe Blems (T5 and T6) as well as Blaster Pipe B1 Blems on eBay. Her member name is quadtrippin and I've seen some pretty good deals come out of her auctions...FYI.

Do an advanced search "by seller" using her member name and check it.... I'm gonna try for some T5s I think :thumbsup:

Jay From San D.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually not a fan of the Toomey needles at all. Back in the past when I was on a lot, there were quite a few peeps having trouble with jetting their machines and Toomey needles were often times the culprit. And, unless somethings changed, the Toomey needle is nothing more than a Blaster needle.

Well actually I was first originally looking into Paul Turner mids as I do more trail and mx oriented riding. I don't run any mx tracks yet, but my pit is setup like one. It just seemed like the best overall pipe through my searching was T5s. I guess in the spring I will pick up a set of Paul Turners and try them out and if I don't like them I will sell them. Not a big deal. I also agree with the ease of riding a 4 stroke, I have a 400EX and that thing is an absolute blast to ride and handles like 10 times better than the banshee.

Well actually I was first originally looking into Paul Turner mids as I do more trail and mx oriented riding. I don't run any mx tracks yet, but my pit is setup like one. It just seemed like the best overall pipe through my searching was T5s. I guess in the spring I will pick up a set of Paul Turners and try them out and if I don't like them I will sell them. Not a big deal. I also agree with the ease of riding a 4 stroke, I have a 400EX and that thing is an absolute blast to ride and handles like 10 times better than the banshee.

The mids are great pipes. They really are, super smooth, 4 stroke like bottom end and midrange. They produce the most lowend of any dual pipe. I will say they are a true midrange pipe and don't rev out much at all. However, due to the added lowend, they can be geared up quite a bit which is what I did with mine. I ran a 15 front tooth and swapped between a 38 and 39 rear sprocket depending on course. Rarely did I use the 40 rear with the PT mids. They are great pipes, however, I just ended up feeling like something was missing without the super rev out that the Banshee is known for.

heres my 2 cents : i have ported a shit ton of banshee cylinders in my day and i have jetted in probably triple that amount ....i think the toomey needles suck plain and simple . ive seen them make banshees run like shit too many times to consider them a good upgrade.they are too fat in the midrange and too lean off idle ,the length and taper doesnt work very well IMHO .their T5 and for mild motors the T6 pipes are decent well thought out exhausts though .

never had the mids on a dyno so I can't say what the actual rev out RPM would be but compared to other pipes I've ran, they didn't have near the rev out. they're fun pipes and work extremely well in their environment. Geared right and ridden right, they can make for a quick bike as well but it has to be shifted and rode differently than a bike with say, T5's or in an extreme case, Rockets/CPIs/etc. 9k to 9500 sounds pretty close tho from what i remember. mids revving to 10,500 would be interesting. don't have much experience with any of the PTs on a stroked motor, how'd they respond on that 4 mil? sounds like they responded well.

Edited by sredish

that's cool. bet it had a lot of torque and broad power. perfect example of sacrificing a little peak for a more broad power delivery working out well. who ported the motor, what kind of porting and what carbs? i bet he can run some massively tall gearing as well, like 17 front tooth.

jsd racing and dyno dave roberts have had there hands in it. Porting is a midrange dune port. It's got a 2 into 1 intake with a single pwk 35mm carb. I think we got the gearing at 13/44 or so. Whats the deal with everyone running huge front sprockets? I have 13/46 on my bike.

jsd racing and dyno dave roberts have had there hands in it. Porting is a midrange dune port. It's got a 2 into 1 intake with a single pwk 35mm carb. I think we got the gearing at 13/44 or so. Whats the deal with everyone running huge front sprockets? I have 13/46 on my bike.

Big motors with a lot of torque pull big sprockets..:)

i prefer for my bikes to have wider gears and to be spread out a little more. I've never ran anything bigger than a 15 front sprocket but have heard of stroked draggers running 16s and 17s. Stock is about as low as I'd go.

i prefer for my bikes to have wider gears and to be spread out a little more. I've never ran anything bigger than a 15 front sprocket but have heard of stroked draggers running 16s and 17s. Stock is about as low as I'd go.

I used 15/41 on my Dune port with PT hi-revs. It was a great set-up for duning.