Stock stroke cub

Dave I.

I was talking to a friend about banshees and that im getting a cub and his builder told him that stock stroke cubs are hard on piston skirts?

He was not sure why but "they like to eat up piston skirts" is what I was told. I am going to call Jeff about this but I had never heard anything like this before. So I thought I would ask here also.

I dont see why a cub is any harder on pistons than a stock cylinder but maybe there is something I dont know.

I am getting a stock stroke 68mm cub (392). If there is something I should be aware of please let me know.

Thanks

Dave

I'm with rocket boy. Stock stroke is gonna be easy on rod angle. One thing to do on any bike is let it warm fully and dont just ride off hard on a cold bike. That will make sure the piston is evenly warmed up causing it to not be oval shaped. I've been guilty of that on a bike before cause it wouldnt idle right. Made the piston wear a bunch quickly in the intake side. Also a larger bore size like the 68 will have less stress on the skirts. I'd bet Jeff has a different opinion than the other builder. It's a very reliable fast combo. Jeff helped me a bunch on mine with getting the right domes and squish clearance set up for it etc. If you gotta have a crank do a 4,7 or 10 mil it will beclose to the same cost for the motor.Theres also the super cub now too for the same cost in a 72 mm or larger bore just needs some case boring.