How many kicks?

MattyMagee

Fresh gas and oil in the tank?

Clean and properly oiled air filter (not too much oil)

Fresh spark plugs properly gapped?

Carbs clean?

Aside from a possible jetting issue, it's probably time to check compression, too...an older worn out motor even in perfect tune can start taking more and more kicks to start it.

Once my 96 started getting to 110ish on the compression...it took 5 to 8 kicks to start. Once warm, 1 half kick...and it still ran strong, but low compression will make it tougher to start a cold engine as well...

maybe your doing somthing wrong in your start up sequince. i know i have to get the feel for each of my machines. my mojave (4 stroke) its 2 -3 kicks with full choke.. and as i stated earlier today my shee is 1 kick all the time. try no choke or somthing like that or give it less gas when starting.

uno...

Sometimes I have to kick mine for like 10 minutes before I realize I forgot to turn the Key on. This usualy happens after several beers.

But seriously. Sometimes when the temp drops fast, mine can be a bitch to start, or sometimes for no particular reason, takes some good kicking, but normally it's 1-2 kicks.

2 kicks if I haven't been home in awhile.

1/2 a kick if I have been home.

well mine starts on 1/4 of a kick (sometimes by itself :blink: ) haha

Sometimes I have to kick mine for like 10 minutes before I realize I forgot to turn the Key on. This usualy happens after several beers.

Haha, your not the only one, usually thats a good indicator to myself that i should think twice about riding. But im a light to middle weight.

I just started mine after 2 months, 4 kicks. usually its 1 to 2 depending if its colder