Got laid off yesterday!

SoCalinIt

I feel your pain buddy!!! I was notified in June my job of 13 years would be ending in October. Not a great job.....factory work.......but I enjoy my job for the most part, and I am skilled labor so the pay was nice!!!! I threw the word out with my former colleagues that I was looking for a job!!!!! A couple had possibilities I pursued, and 1 worked out. I am starting my new job in 2 weeks!!!!!!! A little unemployment would have been realy nice!!!! But I am just very ready to move on!!! This has been a long downward spiral at the old job. I have been a part of the closing of 5 of our other local plants and now it was our turn. I am really just glad it is over!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about this Steve! I will be in the same boat soon, I've been working for Regions bank for several years now, and they're laying us off at the end of the year because they're moving my department from Memphis to Birmingham, AL, and none of us want to move, lol. It really sucks, makes me feel like all the hard work over the years meant nothing to them.

Best of luck, I'm sure something will come around for you :beer:

You guys need to come work in the oilfield in West Texas, starting pay is about $25 an hour, full benefits, all the hours you want, housing is cheap, you can make a killing out here!!!!

Kevin

Hell, I have oil field experience already...... Hook a brotha up with some contact info !!!!

I feel your pain as well, I work in new construction installing cabinets in Florida. Thats NOT the case anymore, they just arent building any new homes to speak of right now.

But as mentioned, everything happens for a reason, Keep your chin up..

Edited by dynodon

Hell, I have oil field experience already...... Hook a brotha up with some contact info !!!!

I feel your pain as well, I work in new construction installing cabinets in Florida. Thats NOT the case anymore, they just arent building any new homes to speak of right now.

But as mentioned, everything happens for a reason, Keep your chin up..

Hell if you have any experience come on over. Got a few buddies doin pretty good workin 6 days on, 2 off right now.

Hell if you have any experience come on over. Got a few buddies doin pretty good workin 6 days on, 2 off right now.

Yeah, when I was in the "patch" thats the same schedule we worked. I was working two diffferent positions motor hand, and derrick hand on a triple in northern Michigan ( shallow wells) 4-6 thousand feet.

Pm me an idea where or what company, I just dont want to head out across country with out a destination of some sort.

Thanks for the help :biggrin:

That shit sucks man, I was just reading about that big layoff coming for country wide a few days ago, sucks it had to be one of the fellow banshee lovers! Move up here, our housing market is up from last years still hot as ever, my wife works for century21 and I work for all the real estate company's doing there sign work. And the dunes are 5 minutes from my door step! Good luck to you