reed spacers

the cards are keihin 35 mm pwk and stock intakes

You should really get bigger intakes for those carbs. Stuffing them in to stock boots is asking for an air leak. Get you a boss racing intake. It moves the carbs up and back. Also gets rid of the crossover tube because it has one machined in.

103_1864.jpg

100_2086.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2097.jpg

im not even sure if those carbs will fit the stock intake... but like booker said get an after market, they have the cross over built in and will move the carbs up and over the clutch arm for clearance.

look at Modquad, Boss, White Knuckle Racing, or MajicPerformance all of those are pretty much the same thing and are top notch in quality

im not even sure if those carbs will fit the stock intake... but like booker said get an after market, they have the cross over built in and will move the carbs up and over the clutch arm for clearance.

look at Modquad, Boss, White Knuckle Racing, or MajicPerformance all of those are pretty much the same thing and are top notch in quality

i dont have that much money but i will get one of thos as soon as i can but im going for a 1/4 reed spacer

I have some reed spacers if you want them. I'll get a picture this evening.

So here is a discussion topic about the spacers. Do they go between the cylinder and the reed block or between the reed block and the intake boots I'll start a New thread and insert the link here.

Edited by bk_banshee

I dynoed a set of 3/8" spacers on and off my bike. On a small bore, stock stroke, ported 350 they will give you about .4 hp in the midrange. Without them on, the midrange curve goes back down .4 hp and you gain 1.2 hp on the top end.

that would probably vary from motor to motor depending on the pipe, port work, etc. some motors may benefit from the added crankcase volume, others might not like it so much.

I dynoed a set of 3/8" spacers on and off my bike. On a small bore, stock stroke, ported 350 they will give you about .4 hp in the midrange. Without them on, the midrange curve goes back down .4 hp and you gain 1.2 hp on the top end.

you are actually the very first person i have ever heard say that they have seen any differance running spacers... you happen to have that dyno run still? id like to take a look at it...

I might have it, if not I can get it next time I go to the shop. I didn't per say feel a difference, but the dyno did detect a difference. The two engine guys I know that use dyno's, both said that a stockish bore, stock stroke motor will not benefit as much from reed spacers. A larger displacement motor will benefit more having them on. I do have some pics of some of my dyno sheets in a post somewhere on the BHQ though.

Found it.

Dyno Thread

Edited by Snopczynski

yea thats kinda what i was saying on th other post about spacers... they have them on bg hot rods and they do make a differance. ( and one that you can feel) and i said something about by the dyno yes it might find that you gain .04 hp or what ever the case is but i wouldnt state that as a power gain although by diffenition it is... i guess its just one of those things that your not going to notice unless you got a monster motor pulling a ton of air in..

but i still am kind of skeptical on if it would make enough of a differance on a motor with the displacment the size of a quad....

Edit: i watched your dyno runs... those are some pretty good numbers for that setup.... i looked at the last sheet you posted... says 340 mains.... you running that motor rich?

Edited by Bansh-eman

The last one is a compared run between my bike and another bike that the guy had tested on the dyno. The sheet showed how much faster my acceleration was compared to a bike with trinity pipes and stock carbs. It also shows the differences in power curves. I need to go back down there and do a few more runs after I get the needle dialed in more, cause my bike is even faster now than when we did those runs.