Ricky Stator products

Ricky Stator products  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i bought a new RS stock replacement stator with an adjustable timing plate.

when i was installing it i noticed the stator was not tight on the plate. the screws

were tight though.

had to take it all apart and re-tap the holes cuz the screws wouldn't run all the

way in.

after that was fixed i tried to finish installing it but the plate wouldn't fit in the

case. i had to file on the plate for a while just to get it to fit and move in there

properly.

i am not too impressed with the product to this point.

no problems with the windings yet, but it has only run for two dune trips, so who

knows ?

Edited by brian

I got a new flywheel, and the stator they sent back had green pole contacts instead of red like the one I sent them. I am thinking they either changed the stator design in the last few months, or got a new vendor and have them made by someone else now.

What part of the stator changed color. Was it the coils of wire, or was it the part looking from the outside edge of the stator (part that the magnets are set in to).

The winding poles (not the wire windings) were a different color.

I dont think we should assume that RS is a bad company or their warranty is going to hell just because andrew_ballard is telling us they refused to warranty his unit. I would say there is a strong chance he is not telling us the whole story, or maybe he didn't realize something that was broken or damaged from improper install or operation. Like I said, my flywheel rivets came loose, and I got a new stator and a flyhweel, my bike was still running when I pulled it all off. So, in my mind, thats a pretty good warranty scenario and does show how well they handled the situation. Of all the banshee owners on here, there are only a few who complain of problems, and we dont stand for ALL the people who own RS stuff. You never hear someone just come out and post "It works great I love it". Almost all the posts on here are from people who are having problems with components, tuning, or understanding how something works.

You never hear someone just come out and post "It works great I love it". Almost all the posts on here are from people who are having problems with components, tuning, or understanding how something works.

Yep I have no problem with RS I have there 200 w stator and reg. Works Good. You only usually hear the bad and not the good.

I dont think we should assume that RS is a bad company or their warranty is going to hell just because andrew_ballard is telling us they refused to warranty his unit. I would say there is a strong chance he is not telling us the whole story, or maybe he didn't realize something that was broken or damaged from improper install or operation. Like I said, my flywheel rivets came loose, and I got a new stator and a flyhweel, my bike was still running when I pulled it all off. So, in my mind, thats a pretty good warranty scenario and does show how well they handled the situation. Of all the banshee owners on here, there are only a few who complain of problems, and we dont stand for ALL the people who own RS stuff. You never hear someone just come out and post "It works great I love it". Almost all the posts on here are from people who are having problems with components, tuning, or understanding how something works.

i helped andrew put that stator on.. and i am telling you that what happened is true.. i sent a stator in myself that was not under warranty to get checked and they kept the damn thing. they did email me at first when they received it, and now i am trying to get them to send it back to me.. now that is shitty.. i would even pay for the shipping.. so they basically stole my stator from me which is my property.. crooks, bad business

Well what are the other options if no ones wants to go with RS? I know you can get stock ones from other people but what about the 200w version? Does anyone else make anything like this?

I have there tie rods and I think they work great! lol

i helped andrew put that stator on.. and i am telling you that what happened is true.. i sent a stator in myself that was not under warranty to get checked and they kept the damn thing. they did email me at first when they received it, and now i am trying to get them to send it back to me.. now that is shitty.. i would even pay for the shipping.. so they basically stole my stator from me which is my property.. crooks, bad business

Whatever, I dont believe that one bit.

lol believe what u want to.. i have built many of these bike, own 3 at the moment, and have rode banshees for almost 10 years.. i do know a little about them.. but i am not one to come on here and act like a know it all either.

So what was RS reason for keeping the stator?

I use to be down on RS for their timing plates, but Ive ran a couple now and just been real carefuk about tightning them, and an RS flywheel with no problems. I really dont have an issue with them now.