Case saver

bruinsfan

Yeah, I guess so because I got an ok deal when looking for one.

I did my research though, no one had any complaints on the case savers. Even the ones who snapped chains. Billet always looks good but this one is hidden behind the stator cover, so you really can't see it. They even make em' anodized.

There is a reason why the T.M Designe Works case saver is so much more. It is far superior.

The only thing that hold that aluminum one on is the 3 blots at the bottom. Your chain binds at the top that long case saver is going to bend or break those 3 little screws right off. A case saver is a sacrificial part. Yea the plastic might get chewed up it also absorbs energy instead of transfering it to another part. Plus the TM one rests agains the cases and goes behind the sprocket. It also really protects the top lip of the top case.

case-saver-banshee.jpg

post-21241-1176746560_thumb.jpg

the billet one is fine. i have seen many bikes that the chains snapped and the three bolts where not effected at all. the velocity of the chain will casue the aluminum to either break or will bite into the chain slowing it and making it bind up. all in all the case saver is a must either way you go,

as long as you maintian your bike like you should, you should break a sproket before you brake a chain. they are much weaker then a chain is. when i chain snaps its most of the time becasue the chain is old and worn out, or you tried to rigged it up afterbreaking apart rather then spending the money and getting a new one.

Edited by Bansh-eman