Temperature

tonyown

HI all, I've installed a temp gadge and it's always going to 200-210 near 220 degree... Can someone tell me what is the max coolant temperature? my gadge indicate 220 in red zone... And the other question... why am I gettin that much temperature? My main jet looks to be good size... I checked everything I can and I now have no idea!

P.s: I'm at job I didnt have time to make a search thank you for answer.

How hot is it out when your riding. What kind of riding are you doing. Mine gets up to 200-210 when I am just playing around on little hills, not realy moving any air over the radiator. Other wise it is at 160 if it is cool out or 180 if it is hot out.

I would be finding out why your running 220 that is kind of warm. I would shut mine down if it was getting that warm.

It is aprox 68 to 86 Fahrenheit and I run 200-210 and near to 220 when I ride in 6th gear... last summer I was at 160 most of time... Maybe am I too rich? i run 300 main I'm at aprox 1000ft of elevation you can see my mods in my signature... I ran 290 last week and it was heating same as 300... plugs arent oil fouled. shee has lot of power... no miss... I have now no idea... I run 50/50 leaded 110/unleaded 91 octane fuel with 50:1 mix of motul 800 oil I always ran motul800... Someone have an idea ?

Edited by tonyown

Lean usually cause hot conditions. Maybe your shee just runs hot. What bore is the cylinders on. The thinner the sleeves the hotter your shee will run.

Try steping up the oil to 32:1. Not saying it is going to help but oil helps combat friction, and friction makes heat.

I already did a plug chop it looked good at 290... I went 300 to be sure... I suppose I'll have to spend 600 cnd for a bigger rad... I can't see what is the problem

I got a pro design cool head and mine runs at 170.