Clutch problem

Leigh

so i bought one of them ASV levers because my clutch pull was way too hard..now i am having a little problem with it... well when i installed it i had to back out on the asjustment all the way to get the cable tight, there is like 3 threads still in the pearch.. with the old lever it was like half way out.. well anyway when i am in gear and i rev it, it wants to jump fowards a little.. like the bike is taking off with the clutch pulled all the way in.. any advice or help let me know..

Btw its a brand new cable too..

Take the clutch cover off. Loosen the middle nut from the clutch system. That will loosen the clutch arm, Simply adjust it and tighten up that clutch nut. Squeeze that lever and see how you like it :thumbsup: Throw that cover back on & you're ready to rock!

climbanyhill, are yo talking about the cover on rht side of motor cover the 3 phillip screws??? on mine i took the cover off and there is nothing there?? im confused on mine i just installed the asv to but i cant adjust it unless i take the WHOLE cover off?? am i suppose to cut the hole out under the yamaha 3 screws cover???

Not necessarily, Here's HQ member Hollisapt at Pismo Beach this summer. Had the same prob. Simply tipped the Banshee over & pulled the cover. Lost some coolant but saved the gear oil. He's working on the same prob you have.

PismoBeach004.jpg

ok cool... i wonder if the beer in the rim is a must to complete the job.. lol... do i need to buy a new gasket first or can i reuse that one??