Opinions on this setup?

TJ10

Currently I am running a 100% stock 03 shee. I bought the bike new in 03 and went to college so I didn't have much time to ride it. After a recent weekend trip duning and the realization that that it is ridiculous to spend 6 grand on a bike you ride once a year, I would like to do some minor mods to the bike and start riding a bit more. I'm not thinking of doing anything too crazy, in fact i'd like to keep things as stock as possible. I mainly don't want something I am gonna have a lot of problems with (tuning and maintenance wise). I was thinking exhaust, getting rid of the air box and get some k&n outers, maybe a cool head and a high flow impeller (i will obviously re-jet the stock carbs when I add the exhaust). For exhaust I was thinking of going with T6's, although I have never heard what they sound like before. With the exhaust, I am mainly looking for the best sound (anything I get will out perform the stock system i'm used to). Nothing drastic, like I said, Toomey, FMF, Pro Circuit, whatever gives the deepest throaty sound. For cool head, I'm thinking 21cc domes so I can run 93. Eventually I will add new arms, axle and shocks. Any opinions or ideas you guys have would be great.

Also, has anyone ever tried running 110 octane with lower compression? I've read about needing to run 110 with a compression over 150 or whatever but has anyone tried running it when the compression doesn't call for it? Just curious.

Thanks

The pipes you choose will depend on the riding type that you do. If its trail id go with dmcs or the t-6s. If its dune or fast trail I would go with the t-5s on a unported engine or a mild port. I dont know much about the fmfs but I think they have a little more low end than the t-5s Its all on what you want to ride.

I did the same thing only im 14 years old :blush: ...lol. I do alot of trails with sand and hills not like dunes. When i bought mine a few months back it was all stock. First thing i did was put on a used set of chrome t-5 pipes u no get a good set for cheep, the toomey perfict jet kit with the air box mods. It is great in the trails now. My next step is to get the head shaved .030 and get so low end power. i also got a trinity clutch witch rocks. thats it... prity low cost kinda and very reliable and trailable Well i hope i could help.

o ya Toomey T-5 pipes sound bitchen nice and loud people no when your comeing

Andrew

Edited by Bansheekid07

The pipes you choose will depend on the riding type that you do. If its trail id go with dmcs or the t-6s. If its dune or fast trail I would go with the t-5s on a unported engine or a mild port. I dont know much about the fmfs but I think they have a little more low end than the t-5s Its all on what you want to ride.

I mostly do fast trail riding, very rarely ride dunes. I would rather leave the engine completely stock for now. Maybe that will change once I am done with this project but for now thats what I want. So you would recommend T5s over T6s? From what I've read, T6s have more hp in all areas.