building a rotax powered banshee

Skithis

Rotax bikes dont run a tranny, they use the cvt clutch that comes on the sled motor.

Yes they use manual transmission. Not sure whats all invloved but they mate the rotax cylinders to banshee cases. I believe its called a "crankenstien". K&T builds them. and I think Majicmike might have one as well

385065-Cranketsteinpic1.jpg

Which engines are they??? 587, 657, 717, 787, 951?

The rotax top ends that the crankensteins use are ski doo top ends. They inherently make more hp than a seadoo does. I personally think using a set of seadoo cylinders is a huge waste of time and money. A 580 ski doo engine makes 110hp, a 587 seadoo makes like 60hp.

Its not just as simple as getting the cylinders. You got to machine and weld the cases, then cut and graft the intakes on the cylinders.

Its not just as simple as getting the cylinders. You got to machine and weld the cases, then cut and graft the intakes on the cylinders.

..........................and there is even more to it than that as fars fabrication and machine work goes. I also agree that it is not work the hassle if simply for the ffact that you will be constantly repairing your pipes that have cracked after every day of use. :geek:

..........................and there is even more to it than that as fars fabrication and machine work goes. I also agree that it is not work the hassle if simply for the ffact that you will be constantly repairing your pipes that have cracked after every day of use. :geek:

The crankensteins and the triples dont do too well with vibration.

• 2 weeks later...

yes u have to use the banshee cases with the transmision and mate the rotax cases to it.

i have two rotax banshee engines. one is from Kt and the rotax cases are bolted to a plate thats welded on the banshee cases. the other engine i have is one i have made and the rotax cases are welded to the banshee ones. Both are alot of work and yes they vibrate alot.

using seadoo motor are a waste of time they do not make as much hp as a ski-doo engines.

• 6 years later...

Or just buy you a set of Mattoon Banshee cases for 2400 bucks.tripple2.jpg

are you saying the billit case will work with a skidoo top end? Im wondering because im going to be building something nuts son either a retarded big twin, a big ol tripple, or my favorite a crankenstin but im kinda new to that last one but would love to have the only ne here on long island lol