Porting with a 2-1 carb setup

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help guys, I am gonna get a 4 mil with adune port so i can keep all my parts , i dont think i need a cub, Now i just got to decide who to send it to?I have parts from Fast racing but hes booked for like 3 months but i can wait. Anybody ever dealt with mccoys performance, mission motorsports yamaha in cali?

ya Moto Carrera does focus on the street bikes...but a Yami twin is a Yami twin....the portwork similar, and as a general rule the guys that make the RZ's fast can make the banshees move as well. A builder that ports an air-cooled cafe racer can do up a quad motor because they have been doing it for sooooo long.

Sounds like your on the right track, Ive been told by so many people that I shouldn't be able to get that much more power out of my motor with 2 carbs.....but every builder and shop tells me the single set up is holding it back. Maybe I will take a couple vids after I get it back together and then after bolting up a set of 32 or 33s...that would be a cool comparo

mid-top or duner, I emailed eric gorr and he said 300 for honing and a port and base machining? I dont know what base machinig is? also he said 650 for a stroker crank, 85 for each piston and 175 to split the case so thats about 1295. Is that good, i also contacted her juggs and he recommends a aggressive dune port for around the same price with a 4 mill, and also contacted fast he said around the same but i got to call back in a month to see if hes caught up. What do you guys think about these porters, Everything i hear about eric is good but her juggs is about an hour and a half drive from me and i wouldnt have to ship. Any thoughts or comments? All their price listing are different but add up to about the same so price really isnt an issue i just want to stay fun but be alot faster. What do u guys think i should do?

mid-top or duner, I emailed eric gorr and he said 300 for honing and a port and base machining? I dont know what base machinig is? also he said 650 for a stroker crank, 85 for each piston and 175 to split the case so thats about 1295. Is that good, i also contacted her juggs and he recommends a aggressive dune port for around the same price with a 4 mill, and also contacted fast he said around the same but i got to call back in a month to see if hes caught up. What do you guys think about these porters, Everything i hear about eric is good but her juggs is about an hour and a half drive from me and i wouldnt have to ship. Any thoughts or comments? All their price listing are different but add up to about the same so price really isnt an issue i just want to stay fun but be alot faster. What do u guys think i should do?

I think you would be very happy with either Gorr or Fast! They both do great work. I have Fast porting now, but would use Gorr as well if he was available. Never heard about Juggs? You also need to decide how long you want to wait until you get them back.

Just out of pure curiousity i put a 44mm powerjet lectron on my 2-1 otherwise stock engine with stock crank and ported reed box... It ran just as hard if not harder than twins. Not even a bog when I chopped it from an idle. Too bad the boot ripped after only a few hours though.... But it only proves the piont that the 2-1 has no limits as far as how much is too much. I was running a dynoport 2-1 as well. Seemed wierd to me but whatever... :blink: