Lock up clutch cover probs.

I have a modquad clutch cover and lock up on my shee. Its always had a small drip like a drop or 2 every day siting which wasnt a big deal. But riding the other day it started dripping really bad not where the clear cover or the screws are for quick access but where they welded the extension ring onto the case. What should i do. I guess i could take it off and take it to a welder and re weld it maybe. Or is there anyay i could get a modified oem case? anyone sell one? I really dont care for the clear case considering i mostly trail ride and my friends already cracked once from debris. What do you guys suggest. How hard is it to just remove the lock up and go back to stock? What parts would i need to do so considering i really dont even need a lock up.

Edited by miashee

Yea only problem is i kinda dont feel like buying a new cover for 300+ bucks so i was trying to see a cheaper solution. Like i said i honestly dont mind just taking the lock up off i just dont know what would be required to do so. Like do i have to buy new screws or what?

Yea if you wanted to take the lockup off all you would need to buy would be the stock shorter screw/ bolts that hold the lock up and clutch springs on.

Heck you probably could do some swaping on here. Trade your lockup, cover and bolts to some one that wants a lockup.

take a good look at where the clutch cover and extension go together, i know the mod quads used to be tack welded on and had a bead of silver silly cone spread into the joint. maybe the sillicone just gave out and you can re-do it...

Word. You could also clean up the inside of the cover really well and put a thin layer of JB Weld over the leaking seam. :confused:

Word. You could also clean up the inside of the cover really well and put a thin layer of JB Weld over the leaking seam. :confused:

Ha Ha! That sounds like a technique someone used on a cover I got... LOL! I was wondering if it was jbweld or yamabond on that cover. I used jbweld when I put it back on. :laugh: