am i better off buying aftermarket shocks used or new

peterlocal22

looking to get aftermarket shocks. originally looking for used but then i have to get them revalved new springs maybe new seals? thats can be between 100 and 250. with this added on top of the used price is it worth it?

thanks

looking to get aftermarket shocks. originally looking for used but then i have to get them revalved new springs maybe new seals? thats can be between 100 and 250. with this added on top of the used price is it worth it?

thanks

it varies.

What kinda riding do you do?

How much you weigh?

What has been done to the current shocks?

Is the ride to soft/firm?

what would you like out of your shocks?

let's go from there

thanks

It als depends on how closely the shocks match your wiehgt, riding style, overall setup. Of course, you wind up having to trust the seller a bit more than normal as well. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
get em new so they are valved and sprung for you and your type of riding, if you buy em used , chances are your gona want them resprung and revlaved anyway

hey peter....i got those TCS fronts still....there 5 mos old ,aybe have 15 hrs on em

i sold the rear

pm me well work something out

Dan