For those of you who have tried differnt types of shocks on a banshee

peterlocal22

I have had TCS, Works and Elkas... Im sold on the elkas!!!

thanks for the reply it sounds like youve tried alot of differnet types of shocks. what kind of riding did you do with the shocks? also was it acase were you tried bottom end works and top of the line elkas or were they all evenly matched shocks?

why did you like th elkas the best?

thanks

Ive tried the same.....TCS is what I have on my banshee. I used to have Works. And I have Elka's on my 450r.

Anything is going to be an upgrade from stock shocks. In fact I didnt even do any adjusting on my first pair of aftermarkets cuz they were so awesome compared to my stock's.

I put a generic set of +2 Works with resi's on first. they were the sheet. and cheap too.

then I upgraded to TCS. I wasnt that impressed with TCS's service and customer support...heck ... with I wasnt impressed with their rider support program either.

they I got my hands on a set of Elka's. have to say that these are the best to date. I have them tuned killer and they work AWESOME.

My next set of shocks for my next stock bike will be WORKS. just cant beat the price and the shocks are killer. great shock for the money.

ELKA's if you have the change.

Ive also read great things about PEP's. never heard anything negative about them. but I havnt riden on them.

I Race. Used to race MX and XC. Now pretty much just desert. But I dune and trail ride here in nor cal on all these shocks.

Elka's take lots of adjusting before they are set up right....but the works are pretty much plug and play.

i just dont want peps spending lots of money on shocks they cant set up to begin with. would be just a waste of money.

Ive tried the same.....TCS is what I have on my banshee. I used to have Works. And I have Elka's on my 450r.

Anything is going to be an upgrade from stock shocks. In fact I didnt even do any adjusting on my first pair of aftermarkets cuz they were so awesome compared to my stock's.

I put a generic set of +2 Works with resi's on first. they were the sheet. and cheap too.

then I upgraded to TCS. I wasnt that impressed with TCS's service and customer support...heck ... with I wasnt impressed with their rider support program either.

they I got my hands on a set of Elka's. have to say that these are the best to date. I have them tuned killer and they work AWESOME.

My next set of shocks for my next stock bike will be WORKS. just cant beat the price and the shocks are killer. great shock for the money.

ELKA's if you have the change.

Ive also read great things about PEP's. never heard anything negative about them. but I havnt riden on them.

thanks for the reply,

i have about $700 to spend on shocks

so i was thinking of works pro g series or elka. either way im spending the 700 so what would you recomend 700 dollar elkas or works?

also do you think that ressies are important for smoeone like myself who rides mostly trails once a week all year. i do ride hard but only 52 times a year. so just wanted to get your opinion if there worth it for some one like myself or if there over kill.

thanks alot

I Race. Used to race MX and XC. Now pretty much just desert. But I dune and trail ride here in nor cal on all these shocks.

Elka's take lots of adjusting before they are set up right....but the works are pretty much plug and play.

i just dont want peps spending lots of money on shocks they cant set up to begin with. would be just a waste of money.