Noss Machine Cool Head

Dgrey

Im thinking about getting the noss machine cool head but I have a few questions.

I want to continue to use pump gas (91 Octaine) where I live (and I ride at Glamis and Gordons Well) but I dont know the altitude. What domes would you guys recommend for pump gas? I can throw some octaine booster in there if its just going to be a little, but I dont want it to get to expensive in the fuel department it already costs me enough to drive out there.

:smile:

Also when I order the Head what else will I need besides domes and the head itself? Do I need those O-rings displayed at the bottom of the page?

How hard will it be to install the head on my own? I have all the basic hand tools and a buddy.

At the time I install this head I will have a 2005 Banshee Milled Head for sale with ~15 hours on it if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Here is the noss machine page link if anyone is interested. Does anyone know how long the shipping takes if its in stock?

Click me for a good time.

Here's what you do.

Call or PM Dave Noss. He will easily answer all your questions, it's his product...

His name here is dlnoss, and since you found the site, you've got his phone number.

Get the info right from the horse's mouth....and Dave's a helluva nice guy to deal with.

Here's what you do.

Call or PM Dave Noss. He will easily answer all your questions, it's his product...

His name here is dlnoss, and since you found the site, you've got his phone number.

Get the info right from the horse's mouth....and Dave's a helluva nice guy to deal with.

Okay cool well I just talked to Mr. D. Noss. I purchased the head w/ 21cc domes and said for riding in Glamis it would be fine with premium pump gas.

Then he asked if the timing was advanced and I say yes it has a timing key witch I think advances the timing 4 degrees. He said I should run 1 gal Av. Gas and 4 gallons preminum pump.

What do you think would be the wisest decision for power and making the bike last the longest!!!

Removing the timing key and running premium pump gas only with no av gas.

Keeping the timing key and putting in the 1 gal av gas and 4 gallons preminum pump.

*** Also the timing key was installed on the bike when I purchase it. It it hard to remove and do I need to put something in its place if/when I remove it??? ***

It it hard to remove and do I need to put something in its place if/when I remove it??? ***

All you do is pull the flywheel off and then take the key out. The key is off center. Replace it with a stock key that is straight. Then put the flywheel on.