What carbs to run - time for more power

Im running an Eric Gorr port job. Motor was just redone by Jeff at FAST racing. Should have had him do some more work but funds were running short. What carbs should I get for all those guys that have ran a Gorr port jobs.

Current mods

Gorr Port

T5 pipes

V force 3 Reeds

Noss Machine Cool Head 20cc

150psi compression

Timing advance 4 degrees

K&N pods

Welded Crank

Stock Carbs 340 or 350 mains? 27.5 pilots, Toomey needles

I still want more power. I considered droping to a 19 or 18cc coolhead but figured carbs would probley give me a bigger power increase. I run 50/50 c110/91 pump premium. 40:1 premix.

I thought about running these carbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30MM-D-slid...152917332QQrdZ1

I would like something like this because I know it will work with my stock boots. My boots and air cleaners have literally only 3 rides on them. Hate to trash can something I know is in really good shape I just payed for not to long ago. If 33s will fit though I might just think about that too. Let me know guys.

I know alot of guys on here have run Eric Gorr's standard ports jobs im excited to hear what carbs you ran and if it was a big increase in power or not.

I also have a woods port and noticed a good amount of increase in bottom, MID, and top-end with a 35mm single vs stocks. For trail and woods riding, I would highly recommend a single 35, with the added benefit of super easy jetting. :cool:

Other than that a Nology or Dyna will help a little .........

hey i have a set of stock 28mm that has been bored to 30mm and they are setup for alky if u are interested give me a pm guarantee u will love the power it will give u.all u have to do is make sure u purge them after every use thats it and u dont have to have anything special to run these neither.

I thought about running a single carb before but I hate to give up that top end power band. Lol thats why I still havent bought any carbs I guess. I want to continue running gas though no alky. Problely going to bump the compression up to around 180psi once I get my carbs done too. How do single carbs compare to dual carbs when ripping through the gears hauling ass?

I thought about running a single carb before but I hate to give up that top end power band. Lol thats why I still havent bought any carbs I guess. I want to continue running gas though no alky. Problely going to bump the compression up to around 180psi once I get my carbs done too. How do single carbs compare to dual carbs when ripping through the gears hauling ass?

ive read alot of post about the single carb setup that they are likely to lean out one side of your cylinders and could mess up alot of stuff id stick with 2 carbs if i was you,and yes 35mm will fit in your intakes ive done it before you will have to put them in boiling water have your carbs close by take them straight from the water and put them on also put the clamps on so they want slip off its not that easy though but will work.

My bike has more low end that it used to but it really has a ton of midrange. I asked that he do more of a midrange up port job. Not the basic woods but Im sure that bigger carbs should still wake it up either way right. Where is a good place to get 33s at and will they fit my stock boots and my k&n pods. Also what is a good compression to run for more power without killing my bike or my top end. I run about 150psi right now with 20cc domes at sea level. I dont mind running 100 octane gas or a mix. I run c110 and 91 right now mix. I have heard of other riders on here running 18cc domes and 19cc domes or as to say 170-180 psi compression.

So will the new carbs make a pretty noticable increase and what about the compression. Will she rip even harder?

my brother had your exact setup. he ran keihin 33mm pwk and it hauled ass. that bike had some serious bottom end power that would pull tall gearing off the line..

I am with Loco. Get PWK 33's. And get a boss racing intake. They lift the carbs up so the LH carb bowl doesnt hit the clutch arm. It aslo gets rid of the crossover tube. It has one buil in to the intake. Here is pics of the intake on my banshee.

Jeff should have everything you need. He has geat prices on the PWK's as well.

103_1864.jpg

103_1854.jpg