squish clearance

When I cut my heads for the 4mil long rod, we cut the domes .130 instead of .110. I have .70 clearance between head and piston. I believe the safe and desired space is around .50 for a dependable strong motor. I have 165 psi in both cylinders. If it had 165 psi with a .50 squish, would it make more power? I have a noss head, so it wouldn't be that costly to buy new domes and get the squish right. I could even buy already cut domes from Dave. Would it be worth it? I run 50/50 race gas, should I go up in psi since i'm already mixing premium and 110? I'm at sea level. have around =4 timing in the motor.

When I cut my heads for the 4mil long rod, we cut the domes .130 instead of .110. I have .70 clearance between head and piston. I believe the safe and desired space is around .50 for a dependable strong motor. I have 165 psi in both cylinders. If it had 165 psi with a .50 squish, would it make more power? I have a noss head, so it wouldn't be that costly to buy new domes and get the squish right. I could even buy already cut domes from Dave. Would it be worth it? I run 50/50 race gas, should I go up in psi since i'm already mixing premium and 110? I'm at sea level. have around =4 timing in the motor.

I would not be all smiles about that squish number. If we were building that motor, we would rework something to make that right. .070 is asking for detonation problems though your compression is not that high so you might be ok but NOT optimal.

Brandon

I would not be all smiles about that squish number. If we were building that motor, we would rework something to make that right. .070 is asking for detonation problems though your compression is not that high so you might be ok but NOT optimal.

Brandon

I second that.

I would think your low rpm power would suffer quite a bit from the excessive squish clearance. Custom cut domes are $67.50 for the set + shipping with the BHQ discount. Give me a call or PM if you want to order some.

-David

I would think your low rpm power would suffer quite a bit from the excessive squish clearance. Custom cut domes are $67.50 for the set + shipping with the BHQ discount. Give me a call or PM if you want to order some.

-David

Send your domes to david. That is what I did. He took the measuerments that I gave him, and the meauseded my domes and custom cut a set of new ones. Squish is right on at .038-.040. Plus he turnd them out the same day he got them and had them back to me so I didnt miss my ride i was going on.

David is a great guy to deal with.

josh