Reeds, cage, spacer? What actually do I need!

Dgrey

If you got whats in that pic, you got the reeds and the cages. They are together. You shouldnt need the spacers, but use them since you bought em. You shouldnt have any clearance problems, I have vf3 reeds on my wifes banshee with no problems at all. All you will need to do is modify the stock intakes to work with the VF3 reeds. They come with instructions how to do it.

If you got whats in that pic, you got the reeds and the cages. They are together. You shouldnt need the spacers, but use them since you bought em. You shouldnt have any clearance problems, I have vf3 reeds on my wifes banshee with no problems at all. All you will need to do is modify the stock intakes to work with the VF3 reeds. They come with instructions how to do it.

Do I need to buy any more products to make the modification to the intake ???

No, all you have to do is cut some of the stock intakes off. It wont fit inside the new reeds. Dont worry, its real easy to do.

And i'll notice a pretty big difference in power? =)

What about the CDI upgraded box that is available for like $350? Do you like those? I already have a stock head mill and a timing key so can I still get that box? Should I take off the timing key?

And i'll notice a pretty big difference in power? =)

What about the CDI upgraded box that is available for like $350? Do you like those? I already have a stock head mill and a timing key so can I still get that box? Should I take off the timing key?

stock cdi is fine.

on another note, how are those gear paddles working for you on the rear you have there?

stock cdi is fine.

on another note, how are those gear paddles working for you on the rear you have there?

They work awesome. My dad and brother both had them and loved them so I went from sand skate II's to the sand gear and the are much better in the dunes. I ride at Gordon's Well they throw a fat roost as well.

They work awesome. My dad and brother both had them and loved them so I went from sand skate II's to the sand gear and the are much better in the dunes. I ride at Gordon's Well they throw a fat roost as well.

Im thinking about getting some next dry season here. They look pretty gnarly.

Im thinking about getting some next dry season here. They look pretty gnarly.

With haveing

Head mill

Timing key

K&N

Toomey t-5's

vf3's and spacers

What would you suggest next for under $500?

With haveing

Head mill

Timing key

K&N

Toomey t-5's

vf3's and spacers

What would you suggest next for under $500?

A good port job. That will be a mod that you will really notice, like turning a light on in the dark. Reeds wont really increase top end power, but increase throttle responce.

A good port job. That will be a mod that you will really notice, like turning a light on in the dark. Reeds wont really increase top end power, but increase throttle responce.

Okay, last question, I think! =)

If I was to get it ported do I need to worry about any other components being to weak to handle the power? If there anything I can do/buy as a precaution to keep it running its best for the longest amount of time? I used to have a quadzilla and that piece of crap would leave me stranded all the time.

Breaks, head gasket, blew it up twice it was fast, but not worth the grief! geez im so glad to have a Banshee now

Edited by Dgrey

Depends on the port job, you may want different carbs, but no, nothing is gonna break from the power of port work. If you want to keep it running a long time, check your jetting often.

Depends on the port job, you may want different carbs, but no, nothing is gonna break from the power of port work. If you want to keep it running a long time, check your jetting often.

Sounds good thanks man! I checked around online. Why does porting range from 400 to 650?