Trying to clean my cases

My motor is still together, just have the jugs off, not sure this would be a good idea...but let me know if it wouldnt hurt it.

That and I already tried diesel, this stuff isn't just grease or some pussy dirt, it's 9 years of baked on shit.

I think it is probably one of the better ideas if it is still together. If you go nuts with stripper, you might eat away some gaskets. :confused:

I think it is probably one of the better ideas if it is still together. If you go nuts with stripper, you might eat away some gaskets. :confused:

it will eat crankseals also.

Going nuts with a stripper can lead to other problem as well!!!!

I believe the method that is preferred by Bigred35-X and myself is soaking the cases in diesel and then hitting them with a pressure washer. :thumbsup:

Roger on that one...

If you're going to the trouble of splitting the cases or even just pulling a top end, you might as well just split the cases and replace bearings and seals and stuff anyway if its been 9 years of baking on crap. It only takes about a day to split em, and if you already have replacement bearings and stuff another day to put them together if its your first time. Any more I can split cases in a good 2 hours and replace shit and have them together waiting on goup between cases to dry in another 2 or 3hrs. Wait overnight and finish putting it together.

I do the same thing with all my parts that aren't PC'd or painted. Nuts bolts, transmissions (no water on the trans though, just diesel and carb cleaner and air) High pressure air hose is also handy when cleaning stuff...

If its seriously kicking your ass, I can wash them for you if you want to send them all the way to wyoming. if you had the bearings and seals an shit already I can put them in and re-assemble your bottom end for you pretty easy.

Check these babies out...

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Those cases are about to sent to LC performance for some work. :ninja:

Well my project's takin longer than planned as it is so what's another 3-4 days right. I got a buddy that's split his 5 or so times so we could probably do it all in a day easily.

I know which seal kit to get but which bearings should be replaced?

Oh, and I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Damn near, i really need to split the cases to get the crank welded but i just wanna get this fuckin thing back together.

If I took the wiring off of the stator, it wouldn't hurt anything (seals, any internals) to soak the whole thing in diesel would it?

Edited by okbeast

no yea that purple power and whatever degreaser shit they sell sucks!!! carb cleaner makes a good insect killer too.

I use carb cleaner to get rid of poison ivy. spray it on, let it burn, then wipe off the dissolved oils. voila, no more poison ivy.