Cracked cylinder

I've gott a set of cylinders and one has a small crack at the bottom of the sleeve about 1/4 of and inch long. Is this cylinder ruined or will it be all right to run with that small crack. If I can't use it as is wil resleeving work????

Also I've got a head with a small amount of pitting. Will this affect anything or is it ok to run.

Thanks guys

I've gott a set of cylinders and one has a small crack at the bottom of the sleeve about 1/4 of and inch long. Is this cylinder ruined or will it be all right to run with that small crack. If I can't use it as is wil resleeving work????

Also I've got a head with a small amount of pitting. Will this affect anything or is it ok to run.

Thanks guys

Yes, the cylinder to toast. Never use a cracked cylinder. the crank WILL continue it;s path. You can have it sleeved.

Heat pitting can lead to pre-ignition. It is not recommended though many here do run them without problems.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon

Where do you send them off to get resleeved and how much would it cost

Approx cost is 100 for the sleeve and 100 for the labor. Unless you are adding a big bore setup, it is rarely cost effective to do so unless you are saving a 500 dollar port job.

Brandon