Elka w/ linkage setup for -1

Washburn

I just ordered my Elka Elites all around with Elka Dual linkage and I got them setup for a -1 swingarm. I just bought a used Laegers -2 swingarm for cheap. I dont know too much about valving so how do you guys think this will work being setup for -1 and I got the -2? Im not sure if I am going to keep it -2 or go with the -1 I was originaly looking at.

I just got the swingarm yesterday and Elka is still building my Elites. This looks super short and I weigh 300lbs I dont want it standing up on me comming out of corners. Im going to try it out before I get a -1.

Also I cant get the long bolt out of my stock upper A-Arm I have a driftwood center punch and it still isent comming loose. Any suguestions?

100_0286-1.jpg

100_0287-1.jpg

100_0289.jpg

I would go with the -2 and just call elka and have them build it for that length swinger. I love mine and it's a -2.5, but I only weigh about 200 lbs. Mine doesn't even think about coming up in turns but everyone has a diffrent riding style, you may hover more over the ass end then I do, can't say for sure.

If you actually "ride" the bike and aren't just "along for the ride" it won't come up on you. If you know what I mean.

oh and get some pics of this beast when it's together!

Edited by Trick2stroke

Yeah I never rode anything with a -2 swingarm and the guy I bought this from actualy said it can be set -3 or -2. I hear you on the riding part and believe me I ride the shit out of it. I race too Im very agressive with the banshee and Im loseing weight so I will probably need them revalved in a year anyhow. I got them setup very specificaly. I keep hearing you guys talking about how much you love your -2s but Im considering my weight and I do slide around the seat for turns jumps hillclimbs but I dont really ride the ass end to much. Like I said Im going to give it a shot. May as well have Elka do it for the -2. Im wondering since Elka lets you ride for 30 days and send them back for a revalve if you dont like how they originaly valved them if I can send it back and get them to revalve for swingarm length depending on what length suits me best.

I will not only get pics but I will have footage of me riding on my land with my buddies video camera. Im looking forward to posting some agressive trail/hillclimb/racing 450s/built 400exs footage :biggrin:

It might be as soon as this weekend if my buddie brings his camera. Then I will do a few when I get all setup to show the diffrence.

I just got my mechanic/parts guy to call Elka and get my rear setup for the -2. He already setup my skill level as advanced I dont need the valving too stiff with the advanced level and a -1 setup with a -2 swingarm so Im gonna try it. If it doesnt work out I wonder if Elka will take it back before 30 days and set it for a -1

Thanks for the tips guys. This is gonna be a blast!

If you actually "ride" the bike and aren't just "along for the ride" it won't come up on you. If you know what I mean.

lol

that was me when i started to ride mx pin the throttle and hold on, slam through the whoops with no style, %#$@ED me up real fast till i started to get some style