camber issue

Mullet Man

i seem to have excessive camber (negative i think, top is towards the frame) on one side of my shee, in comparison to the other. its blatantly obvious when looking at it.

how can i tell or what can i do to figure out what/where the problem is?

this is the side that i had to replace the a-arms and tie rod ends on after i crashed it.

when looking down onto the wheel so that the wheel edges appear flush with each other from top to bottom, in my line of sight, i notice the top edge of the wheel on the new side sits over the top of the upper ball joint farther then when i do this "eyeballing" on the opposite side. (does that make sense?) btw, i do have good eyes lol

knowing how my arms looked when they got mucked up, i think i have a bent spindle.

can post pics if someone wants to see what i'm typing

Edited by Mullet Man

i seem to have excessive camber (negative i think, top is towards the frame) on one side of my shee, in comparison to the other. its blatantly obvious when looking at it.

this is the side that i had to replace the a-arms and tie rod ends on after i crashed it.

when looking down onto the wheel so that the wheel edges appear flush with each other from top to bottom, in my line of sight, i notice the top edge of the wheel on the new side sits over the top of the upper ball joint farther then when i do this "eyeballing" on the opposite side. (does that make sense?) btw, i do have good eyes lol

knowing how my arms looked when they got mucked up, i think i have a bent spindle.

Hi Mullet man,

if you could post some pics that would be great. It would take a serious amount of pressure to bend a spindle, you must have really hit hard in the crash.

Hi Mullet man,

if you could post some pics that would be great. It would take a serious amount of pressure to bend a spindle, you must have really hit hard in the crash.

I agree, post 'em up...it's either the spindle or the frame.

The '01 I bought my son must have been in a similar wreck as you took, the left side a-arms were both replaced before I bought it, and there was some frame damage at the lower a-arm mounts but it looks like it was hammered/welded back in place fairly well. Anyway when I went to put 450 arms on that one I found a bent spindle; both the brake caliper mounting bracket and the spindle were tweaked from the impact, so I couldn't sell 'em and they wound up in the trash. Must have hit damn hard, maybe a tree I dunno...

A picture would help me out I think................ :geek:

i got pics, will upload them later tonite.

its kind of hard to tell in the pics. trying to get the right shot too show the issue is awkward. its more of an in person can definately tell then.. thing.

when riding, i notice that side wheel/tire has a wobble too it, so something is definately bent somewhere. i got a line on a spindle and hub to replace it with to hopefully remedy the problem...

its kind of hard to tell in the pics. trying to get the right shot too show the issue is awkward. its more of an in person can definately tell then.. thing.

when riding, i notice that side wheel/tire has a wobble too it, so something is definately bent somewhere. i got a line on a spindle and hub to replace it with to hopefully remedy the problem...

If the wheel is wobbling, its the wheel or hub. Can't be the spindle, it doesn't rotate, and therefore can't wobble.

Most likely the wheel, hit something hard and you torque the wheel (I did it to mine).

Hopefully, this is where my eyecrometer will come in handy.................... :geek:

I got a brand new set of ITP C-Series front rims and one had a wobble to it... doesn't affect anything, just looks kinda stupid. Pissed me off since I bought them and then went riding out off town the next weekend so I couldn't take it back right away. By then it had some scrapes and scatches so I couldn't return it. Try switching the tires from side to side and see if the wobble goes to the other side. That'll tell you if it's a rim or not.

got really drunk last night so i didnt get them uploaded like i wanted too, man my head hurts!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5ymnex3

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6by1s2t

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6cgldp2

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z2lge0

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5yip2cy

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4lt06fn

dont know why i didnt think of swpping wheels to the opposite side.

if the spindle shaft is bent, wouldnt that affect the hub and wheel?

Edited by Mullet Man