Got back from Test'n'Tune

shanYE west

Its been about 4yrs since I been to the track.. so my RT is definatetly rusty!! (dont beat me up too bad)

The lights were messing up all night and they finally got it going right. When you staged some times it would lock up and not start. So sometimes you sitting there waitin for the yellow/green and nothing. kinda a pain in the as. They ended up gettin it to works so I finally got a time slip. But all in all.. still had a fun night. With a alot of practice and some more tuning I should be faster.. Oh.. and I'm in the right lane.

timeslip.jpg

Edited by Fouledout420

Its been about 4yrs since I been to the track.. so my RT is definatetly rusty!!

The lights were messing up all night and they finally got it going right. When you staged some times it would lock up and not start. So sometimes you sitting there waitin for the yellow/green and nothing. kinda a pain in the as. They ended up gettin it to works so I finally got a time slip. But all in all.. still had a fun night. With a alot of practice and some more tuning I should be faster.. Oh.. and I'm in the right lane.

timeslip.jpg

what size track?

Please.. Do tell! :biggrin:

Its 300ft

The looooooooow 60' time coupled with the hiiiiiiiiigh reaction screams beam jumping. Along with the fact you said they were having problems with the lights. Don't want to take anything away from ya bro.............but........................I also have never seen a low 60' like that without a wheelie bar.

Did some research on how the ET's are calculated.

"Two Separate performances are monitored for each run: elapsed time and speed. Upon leaving the staging beams, each vehicle activates an elapsed-time clock, which is stopped when that vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's elapsed time (e.t.), which serves to measure performance"

If my ET doesn't start untill I leave the stage beam, then my RT shouldn't affect my 60ft times or my ET. So despite falling asleep at the line it took my bike 4.11 sec. to reach the finish line after I left the stage beam. Am I correct? I looked at alot of other time slips on here and Planet Sand and my 60ft times and MPH are very close for my ET. Titan racing had a cub go 4.12 @ 86mph with a 1.7 60ft.

Maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

Did some research on how the ET's are calculated.

"Two Separate performances are monitored for each run: elapsed time and speed. Upon leaving the staging beams, each vehicle activates an elapsed-time clock, which is stopped when that vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's elapsed time (e.t.), which serves to measure performance"

If my ET doesn't start untill I leave the stage beam, then my RT shouldn't affect my 60ft times or my ET. So despite falling asleep at the line it took my bike 4.11 sec. to reach the finish line after I left the stage beam. Am I correct? I looked at alot of other time slips on here and Planet Sand and my 60ft times and MPH are very close for my ET. Titan racing had a cub go 4.12 @ 86mph with a 1.7 60ft.

Maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

You are correct on how et is calculated........but if you stage shallow, then front tires in the air right at the start, thus causing the rear tires to break the beam first, you are now 5 feet into the run with a head of steam before the clock ever starts. This would also give you a slow reaction because of taking so long to break the beam. I am not saying this is what happened in your case. Just a hunch. The 60' and reaction are a good indication though.

wouldnt the front tires lifting off the ground break the beam? the problems with the lights were programming related. The beams were checked and aligned before the runs. I wasn't sure what you meant by beam jumping but now I understand. My RT's are really that bad.. its no joke! lol I dont have alot of experience with the tree.

Edited by Fouledout420

wouldnt the front tires lifting off the ground break the beam? the problems with the lights were programming related. The beams were checked and aligned before the runs. I wasn't sure what you meant by beam jumping but now I understand. My RT's are really that bad.. its no joke! lol I dont have alot of experience with the tree.

it depend on how high the stage ligts are sometimes you would have to get the front end up 5 to6 in to start the timer. If you deep stage rolling 1/2 in will start the timer. The stageing lights beams are not all the same. That is why a rider that know the tree can make it look like they are leaveing to quick but not red light. In sand it is real hard to keep the lanes and beams the same all night.

Edited by als660r

Well I also ran a 4.21 with a 1.62 60ft. RT was 1.02 would that still be condidered a beam jumping time? It dont really matter to me, I just never heard of beam jumping until now. What is a good 60ft time on a freshly watered and draged track with some clay mix? Most of the times I see are 1.4's to 1.7's. A bone stock 450 was getting 1.9 60ft times. There was a guy at the track that put down consistant 4.4-4.5' in the past with a triple cylinder snowmoquad and I put a 3-5 bike win on it even with my shitty Rt. There was only 4 machines making passes probably 12 passes allnight. So the track wasn't rutted at all and seemed to be hooking VERY hard. Oh well.. I'm sure I'll get more slips this year.

You are correct on how et is calculated........but if you stage shallow, then front tires in the air right at the start, thus causing the rear tires to break the beam first, you are now 5 feet into the run with a head of steam before the clock ever starts. This would also give you a slow reaction because of taking so long to break the beam. I am not saying this is what happened in your case. Just a hunch. The 60' and reaction are a good indication though.

Not to take anything away from you...Shayne, I was thinking the same thing.

1.42 60 foot on a stock frame, no wheelie bar.....bikes that run in the 3 second range leave that hard...and sometimes don't even get that low of a 60ft.

Would be nice if someone rented Bob's this weekend...I'm ready to ride...period.

Either way....4 teens and 4.20s are moving on a 4 mil cub...nice work.