33pwk carb kit

i can get keihin pwks pretty cheap through my local keihin distributor, however it is not a proper "kit" or anything meant for a banshee, it would just be 2 single 33s that i would be buying.

when you buy a proper kit meant for a banshee from a shop, what comes with it? is there a choke mechanism or something that operates both chokes at once? anything else?

anyone got a link to a throttle cable that would suit these carbs and the standard thumb throttle?

also i already have a pro design billet intake, but where can i get the bigger rubber boots for it for these carbs?

thanks, mark.

Keihin doesnt make a kit. Some shops might peace together some stuff and call it a kit. Could range any where from 2 carbs, and the cable, all the way to Carbs, Cable, 2 Pod Filters, and assortment of jets.

How much are the carbs going to cost you a piece?

What intake are you going to run? I would recomend the boss racing intake. It has a crossover tube machined inbetween the two intakes. Really cleans up the carb area. Plus it moves the carbs up and back a little so the LH carb doesnt hit on the clutch arm. Here is a pic of my intake. There is several versons of it out there.

103_1864.jpg

103_1854.jpg

Keihin doesnt make a kit. Some shops might peace together some stuff and call it a kit. Could range any where from 2 carbs, and the cable, all the way to Carbs, Cable, 2 Pod Filters, and assortment of jets.

How much are the carbs going to cost you a piece?

What intake are you going to run? I would recomend the boss racing intake. It has a crossover tube machined inbetween the two intakes. Really cleans up the carb area. Plus it moves the carbs up and back a little so the LH carb doesnt hit on the clutch arm. Here is a pic of my intake. There is several versons of it out there.

im getting them for $250 each (australian)

would love a boss intake but already have a pro design intake

so will i have two seperate choke mechanisms then? is that how everyones pwks are?

thanks, mark

Edited by 4stroker

so will i have two seperate choke mechanisms then? is that how everyones pwks are?

thanks, mark

Yep....sure is. You get used to it, it's no big deal....

Honestly, on gas...just pull the chokes, start it...wrap the thottle a little for 30 to 40 seconds, and normaly you can shut the chokes off then.

Properly tuned banshees should start in 1 to 3 kicks....

im getting them for $250 each (australian)

would love a boss intake but already have a pro design intake

thanks, mark

$250 AUD = $209 USD

You might check with jeff at FAST. I think I got my keihin 33's with cable, taller carb cap adjusters, softer slide springs, an metal Idle speed adjustment screws for $350-$375 USD. The cost of shipping over seas might eat up the savings but it is worth a try.

Carbs at FAST LINK

I also got one of those carb sync tools. Makes setting up carbs way easier. Fire it up with the filters off get it to idle. Put that gauge up to the carb and see what number they are at. Adjust the Idle until the numbers are the same from carb to carb. Then give it a little gas and check the numbers. Adjust the carb cable at the top of the carb until you get the same number. That makes sure that the slide lift is dead on.

$250 AUD = $209 USD

You might check with jeff at FAST. I think I got my keihin 33's with cable, taller carb cap adjusters, softer slide springs, an metal Idle speed adjustment screws for $350-$375 USD. The cost of shipping over seas might eat up the savings but it is worth a try.

Carbs at FAST LINK

I also got one of those carb sync tools. Makes setting up carbs way easier. Fire it up with the filters off get it to idle. Put that gauge up to the carb and see what number they are at. Adjust the Idle until the numbers are the same from carb to carb. Then give it a little gas and check the numbers. Adjust the carb cable at the top of the carb until you get the same number. That makes sure that the slide lift is dead on.

Those metal idler adjuster screws sound trick, wish I could find those puppies.. If you can get them for 209 a piece locally pre jetted for your bike, then go for it, if you have to buy needles jets and what not your going to spend alot more then you want...

Eric

Those metal idler adjuster screws sound trick, wish I could find those puppies.. If you can get them for 209 a piece locally pre jetted for your bike, then go for it, if you have to buy needles jets and what not your going to spend alot more then you want...

Eric

thanx for all the info guys!

the carbs from jeff at FAST are cheaper but yeah, i think they will cost about $55us to ship here so it works out about the same in the end, but it sounds like it might be a better option still considering it comes with cable and other goodies...

i already got a heap of jets i would just have to check what needles they come with... what needles does everyone here run in their 33s?

when they go on the bike it will have ported RZ jugss and toomey t5s, advanced timing increased compression etc.... 98ron fuel.

thanks, mark.