banshee's powerband

sled

How easy is it to screw the motor up by running lower rpm's? jw. Thanks.

Never said it was going to screw it up.

Here's the analogy I use all the time. You wouldn't go out and buy a 500HP car to go up and down your driveway?

A Top Fuel Dragster to go get groceries. Is it possible? Yep...

Feasible? Not really...

All I'm saying is the engine by design is made to run, in wide open spaces...

YAMAHA even says in all of it's literature for the bike...the screaming twin two stroke....

It doesn't say...haul your hay and straw all day, then pull out some tree roots and drag a deer back to camp...

I'm not saying the bike can't be lugged out, ridden slow...etc. It can.

Other bikes simply do it better....

dont ever take that crf :down: of yours out to glamis,unless you want it sand blasted.i have a friend with a 89 lt 250 i am sure hell trade you.

hmm, i live almost 3000 miles away from there. your probably never gonna see me there! if you'd like to come here and race me threw the woods on your shee with your bad ass cub engine. id be more that happy too! :down:

Edited by sled

The gold series is an awesome all around pipe. If you want to convert the power more towards the bottom end though, you will need to do this.

This is what is done to my bike, and it makes a ton of torque and mid power.

Dynoport 2 into 1 pipe with ultra quiet silencer.

Dynoport Port job.(yes dynoport does port work for the 2 into 1 pipe).

2 into 1 trinity intake with 35mm pwk and K&N pod filter (you may want to run an airbox though)

Stock reed cages with carbon tech low-mid reeds.

Flywheel lightened. (rs heavier magnet flywheel).

Cascade Heavy duty clutch kit.

+4 timing advanced.

Pro design head with 20cc domes on 92 octane pump gas (155 psi comp).

13/46 gearing.

Wiseco Pro lite pistons.

Its a real strong running bike, amazes a lot of people, and its easy to keep on the pipe at slow speeds.

Never said it was going to screw it up.

Here's the analogy I use all the time. You wouldn't go out and buy a 500HP car to go up and down your driveway?

A Top Fuel Dragster to go get groceries. Is it possible? Yep...

Feasible? Not really...

All I'm saying is the engine by design is made to run, in wide open spaces...

YAMAHA even says in all of it's literature for the bike...the screaming twin two stroke....

It doesn't say...haul your hay and straw all day, then pull out some tree roots and drag a deer back to camp...

I'm not saying the bike can't be lugged out, ridden slow...etc. It can.

Other bikes simply do it better....

said like a true drag racer!!!!......you would go and buy a 500hp engine to put into a trail jeep though.

The only thing I dont like about the banshee in the woods is the frame geometry. It'll wear you out in the woods if you arent at the top of your game. As far as the engine goes, I can lug my banshee around in first gear all day if I want, and sometimes go out and thats what I do, barely lay on the throttle and just put around and go over rock mounds and enjoy the scenery with it....and I love the slow methodical tat tat tat noise it makes.

Or I can beat the living shit out of it, and its screaming in 3rd sideways through bends and more of a thrill than you'll get with any other quad out there except maybe a 250R. It's got all the power I want (and NEED), and I've built it to provide with the low end torque that a 2 stroke CAN produce, the smooth powerband hit that wont throw me off a cliff, and the screaming top end that will pull longer than T5's.

Only thing I miss a little bit with my LRD's is that lightswitch powerband hit. Only time I miss it though is when I get on my buddies shee with the t5's. I get a craving once in a while for it, ride his, miss it for a while, then go back to what makes sense for my type of riding.

said like a true drag racer!!!!......you would go and buy a 500hp engine to put into a trail jeep though.

The only thing I dont like about the banshee in the woods is the frame geometry. It'll wear you out in the woods if you arent at the top of your game. As far as the engine goes, I can lug my banshee around in first gear all day if I want, and sometimes go out and thats what I do, barely lay on the throttle and just put around and go over rock mounds and enjoy the scenery with it....and I love the slow methodical tat tat tat noise it makes.

Or I can beat the living shit out of it, and its screaming in 3rd sideways through bends and more of a thrill than you'll get with any other quad out there except maybe a 250R. It's got all the power I want (and NEED), and I've built it to provide with the low end torque that a 2 stroke CAN produce, the smooth powerband hit that wont throw me off a cliff, and the screaming top end that will pull longer than T5's.

Only thing I miss a little bit with my LRD's is that lightswitch powerband hit. Only time I miss it though is when I get on my buddies shee with the t5's. I get a craving once in a while for it, ride his, miss it for a while, then go back to what makes sense for my type of riding.

that sounds like what im looking for. does LRD only make one pipe for the shee???

I do have to agree with them about the tires as well, I've run holeshots, and as soon as the square edge wears off of them, they are worthless on a shee.

I run a Mudshark tire, cheng shin now makes them, I run a 21 inch tire (would run a 20, but they only make 21 and I like the extra clearance). They are soft and wear down quicker than other tires, but its one of the few tires I've found that can hook good enough, and I like how they slide around corners. If you look at the pattern of them, even when your sliding sideways, you have lugs that are propelling you forweard. If you are gonna run a 22 inch tire, You need to run a 23 inch front or you are going to find yourself sitting up on the tank every time you hit your brakes, it puts a good rake on the shee.

They now only make a non adjustable pipe for the shee. I dont know if they took the adjustable one and found a happy medium with it, and then welded it shut and went with that?, or if its a completely different pipe.

I like the adjustable ones (you'd have to find used), because you can adjust when the powerband starts to come on. Depending on the trails you mainly run, you can adjust the pipe so that when your not really on the throttle you can be in that spot in the rpm where it starts to kick into the powerband. Basically you can adjust them so that your riding in the "sweet spot" at all times.

good luck, and if you need any help turning one of these beasts into a trail quad, shoot me a line. It can be done, it just costs a little bit of money. A little more food for thought, for the price that I've put into this chassis, I could've probably went out and bought a 250R style chassis and put my engine and plastics on it.

Throw some 8" rims and 18" holeshots on it and go 17/41 for your gearing. If your bike has balls it'll pull a 17 and the powerband will last longer and won't hit as hard and you won't be shifting as quick...olny downside is that first gear is really tall.