Should i plee NOT GUILTY

yup they are trying to pass the same law with offroad vehicles as jetskis. right now in the state of california you are required to hold insurance on jetskis. they are trying to pass the same law with our shit now.

Anything to make rich people richer.... :down:

Special Interest Groups Suck the life out of our Country.

I wonder if in my life I'll witness a modern day version of the Boston Tea Party.

Between the "Wilderness Pass," the ISDRA "Desert Pass," and any of the other National Parks "Passes" the government forces us, the land owners to purchase, I'm secure in knowing that at least our elected officials have Free Health Care and a Lifetime Pension!!

I should have married that Australian woman I met when I was in Sydney.... :cool:

Look into your local laws.

If they require off road vehicles to carry insurance....you're hosed.

Depending on your record, they could differ the ticket, or take it under advisement.

Then...you're put on a probation period of 6 months to a year normally...if you get another ticket, they smack you with both of them. If you keep your nose clean, the original ticket goes away.

It's basically like this, you'll pay for court costs....but won't get any points. And points are what the insurance company hit you on for your premium...

If you got a tarnished driving record...good luck!!!

....geeesh, Dave, were you a lawyer in another life? :biggrin:

OK first of all, you know you should not have been riding on the streets (even though we all have done it), so man up and take your lick on that, now with that said with the insurance thing that was kinda dick of him on that part. As far as a lawyer dont waist your money on it for something as pety as this BS, now I can speak on this matter because lets just say I have experience in this "field". If you go to the District Attourney or city prosecuter or whoever it is in this case and speak with them about it alot of times they will work out some sort of plea deal to where it wont cost you the whole amount and wont go on your record, trust me they will do everything they can not to take you to trial on this, it is a complete waist of thier time, and the judges time. (unless you are a complete shit bag with a record) In most cases they will accept only one of the charges and use the other as a barganing tool to make a deal, get their money and be done with it because they have bigger fish to fry. As far as you hoping the cop does not show up, that is BS because a cop does not have to be their for youre arraingment only in the event of a trial will he or she be ordered to appear. But like I said before just go and speak with them before entering any plea of guilty and they will usually try and work something out for you, but if you just go in and plea guilty you will be ordered to pay the manditory fines and the shit will go on your record.Just remember that when you speak with them not to be a smart ass and just be strait up with them and that alone will go a long way.

Do yourself a favor and take kb247's advice. This is the only way you will help yourself in this matter. Don't wait around until your court date to talk to the DA as he/she will want to know your intentions on the matter so that the paperwork can be prepared prior to court. Good luck.

go to court and talk to the prosecutor before you see the judge. they damn near always will reduce your penalty.. ive been 2 times for speeding tickets and both times the prosecutor just dropped them down to something that would not be on my record or affect my insurance.. i wouldnt even bother with a lawyer..waste of money if you ask me.

Only 2?? Sounds like you have just as many as me, and sounds like you know the ropes! Best advice I've heard so far. The prosecuters always plays let's make a deal once you plead not guilty. The prosecuter at our court is nicknamed is "Let 'em leave Steve" and every town I've gotten tickets in pretty much does the same.

Just don't be complete asshole when you walk in, and talk to the guy like you have half a brain, and they will work with you. Also I know it sounds bad, but don't go in there apologizing your ass off or admitting your wrong either! Just be like "Ohh is there any way we could work this out", and "I don't want to have to go to trial("he doesn't either"). You really have nothing to lose, in the event he doesn't want to help you out you pay an extra $30 on top of your fine for court costs and that is it.

This worked for me on all my first offenses, in most of the towns I've had problems in. For a second offense they are less likely to work with you, but I've still had a reasonable amount help me out. In NJ they are cracking down on this shit now though, they've like tripled the fines on all of the no points tickets, because that's what they used to get reduced to. But I think both of your tickets are no points anyway, my guess is they will probably drop one and give you the other if you don't fuck it up.

Good luck :beer: