Why do I have to adjust idle during break in.

Jayy

Hello, everyone. My shee is a 2006 all stock motor. I have just reached about 20 hours of ride time on it. I have had to adjust the idle 4 times now. I have ALL the TORS crap disconnected, but the TORS units are still on the carbs and so they adjust the idle. Yesterday makes the 4th time I have had to adjust the idle higher to get it to idle without stalling out. Otherwise, it is running absolutely great. Also, I ran 2-R at 24:1 for my first two tanks. Now I am running my first tank of Bel Ray MC-1 premix at 40:1. It seems to run well on this. Crisper throttle response and way less smokey! So, is it normal to have to adjust the idle higher this much during break in? I have turned the idle screws 1 full revolution farther in from where they started off the show room floor. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

ill tell you what spend the money and get a jet kit stock setup is only so they could get all bikes to run off the floor not to perform

if your plugs are close to black then leave it but brown is best and might help your problem

also temperature does a bit with idle until it is at running temperature which takes longer then most people think

i also found that my TORS idle screws move around when i ride ... set up your screws to your desire and put a piece of hockey tape on the screws like a strap to keep them there

before everyride atleast let it warm up on idle for 3 minutes and take it easy for 1-2 minutes in first gear taking it slow

hope this helps

Mike

well when you leaned out the oil from 24:1 to 40:1 it makes the machine richer. Your jets are going to flow the same amount. Your just getting more fuel less oil. A rich condition will cause a slower Idle. That is probably why you have had to turn the idle up a little. I wouldnt worry about it if everything runs ok.