leaking fuel petcock

i was runing pump gas in my banshee and it didnt leak fuel anywheres. now that i switched over to av fuel its leaking like a siv. i bought a used petcock off here, put it in and thats leaking to. anyone experience this with AV fuel? is there something i can do(modify the stock one?) worse come to worse i might make a new valve assembly. two holes in the tank, two carbs. one to each carb with no reserve?

There is an o-ring behind the knob, and a rubber gasket between the tank, and valve, that could be causing your leak. Drain the tank, take the valve apart, and take the old o-ring down to the local hardware, or auto parts store, and find one that's the same size, or a little thicker, and put it in. I used one that was a little thicker, and the knob turns a little harder now, but at least it doesn't leak. The valve will turn easier, with some use.

Its not the av gas. Its just coincidence. Buy a pingel, install it like the directions say, and problem solved.

I've never had good luck with stock petcocks. After a while, they've leaked on every quad I've owned. Some more than others.

I actually disagree to a certain extent. The AV gas you are using could very well be degrading the o-ring in the petcock (funny word). I don't remember what type of Av gas is being used in this case. Certain types of AV gas to not work and play well with buna n material type seals. :geek:

I actually disagree to a certain extent. The AV gas you are using could very well be degrading the o-ring in the petcock (funny word). I don't remember what type of Av gas is being used in this case. Certain types of AV gas to not work and play well with buna n material type seals. :geek:

His fuel must have a small amount of Andromeda Strain... :geek:

Is the fuel leaking from the bottom of the tank/top of petcock or from the rotating selection knob?

I replaced my o-ring (the one between the tank and the funny word part) with the correct Yamaha replacement part for $2.25.

Jay From SanD.

its leaking out where the valve itself is(behind the two screws) not where it mounts on the tank. pingles are pretty pricey arnt they? i would like to still have my reserve too, it comes in handy for my riding style. it starting leaking right as soon as i ran AV fuel, not graduatly over time.

its leaking out where the valve itself is(behind the two screws) not where it mounts on the tank. pingles are pretty pricey arnt they? i would like to still have my reserve too, it comes in handy for my riding style. it starting leaking right as soon as i ran AV fuel, not graduatly over time.

What kind of AV fuel are you running?

Isn't it a metal gasket behind the knob and not an o-ring?

That isnt a gasket it is just a wave washer to keep constant pressure on the valve knob. The o ring goes around the out side of the valve knob. Then there is a rubber seal in the back of the hole that the valve knob slides in to.