Riding Boots Review

ClimbAnyHill

i fucked around for a while and kept buying cheap boots. thor, oneil and some other shit. they never felt right and i wore them out pretty quick. bought this pair of alpinestar tech 6 about 2 years ago and they are still in excellent shape and feel good on my foot.. id just buy a good pair and be done with it. i think you can get tech 6's for about 250.

Exactly i would rather put on some regular shoes right now than fork out 300 dollars for some boots. I got a pair of old thor boots i sometimes use that gets the job done. I got nerf bars so i'm not worried about breaking my ankle.

Nerf bars won't save you like a boot, what happens when your foot comes off the back of the peg and drags your shin down the peg before running your leg over with the back tire...that would suck. I think boots and helmets are two things people shouldn't skimp on. What's a bunch of money saved for mods from buying cheap boots going to do for you if you're hurt and can't ride. I take care of my body first, atv last. JMO

Edited by differentstrokes

• 2 weeks later...

i tried on about a dozen different kinds of boots and settled on the alpinestars tech 6's. they were by far more comfortable than anything else i tried, within the same price range or less. if they don't feel too good in the store, imagine what they'll feel like after riding for hours. i like the buckles on the t-6's better than the others also. i wasn't planning on spending that much on boots either till i tried a bunch out. you get what you pay for bud. sometimes, especially where safety and comfort are the issue, you'll be much happier spending the few extra bucks on good gear.