Riding Boots Review

ClimbAnyHill

So I'm buying my first set of riding boots. I really need them if you see some of the places I ride. But I don't like the Idea of forkin out serious dough on them. I stopped by Cycle Gear yesterday & tried these on these Shift Boots.. fit really comfortable vs. Oneal & Fox. Will I be good with these Shift Boots at $99? It's a deal if they work & last but I can't see myself spending $200 unless I really need to. Let me know what you think or suggest? Is there a better deal out there?? I was also looking at Axo's lowtop boot, what are your thoughts on those?

Shift: http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-53802/Sh...mbat-Boots.html

Axo: http://www.btosports.com/p/AXOSLAMMER

:thanks:

Don't know about the shift boots. But I was recommended the Oneal M10 boots by someone on here, and those are the most comfortable boots Ive ever tried. Didn't even need to be broken in. For me Fox boots are too narrow, and Alpinestars are too narrow in the heel. I'll get another set when I wear these out.

But the best thing I was told, and can tell you, go to every shop you can and try on every boot they have. I didn't find any I liked, but I did find a bunch I didn't like.

Those low top boots aren't going to offer the protection a full boot will. They might keep you from breaking your foot, but your ankle won't be as safe as it could be.

Edited by dawarriorman

Ive had fox boots and oneal's, and I have alpinestar tech 8 right now and I think I like them the best, comfy, supportive and sweet looking... I know the price sucks but you wont have to buy anything else for along time. ive had mine for 2 years now I think and still look brand new.

lok at the alpinestar tech 4 you can get a set for like 129 or 159 one of the two.... no need to get the tech 8 or tech 10... your just paying more becasue they are the newer style. i have the tech 4 and they are perfect... with any boot its going to suck until you get it broke in...

Thanks for the info guys, what kinda pricess we lookin at here??

My prob is looking at $300 boots... Gets me thinking about a port job instead :shrug:

Exactly i would rather put on some regular shoes right now than fork out 300 dollars for some boots. I got a pair of old thor boots i sometimes use that gets the job done. I got nerf bars so i'm not worried about breaking my ankle.

I got the 07 Moose Racing M1 boots for $100.00 shipped. They have the ATV soles which is nice when you gotta get off the bike for something. You actually have some traction on your boots. I got 'em from native*indian on ebay. I'm really happy with them so far. Very comfortable and not even broke in yet...

Alpinestars for sure.The buckles don't break and well,you get what you pay for.

I'd spend a little bit more money and get a pair of Alpine Stars, definitly worth the extra money for the durability.

Thanks for the info guys, what kinda pricess we lookin at here??

My prob is looking at $300 boots... Gets me thinking about a port job instead :shrug:

I've had my Tec 8's for 3 years now... and I ride pretty hard. This is my 2nd pair, and I'll keep getting them.... they last a long time. You really do get what you pay for. I've also had the tech 6's too. Nice, but I like the booty that the 8 has.

Think of it this way... You can't ride your Banshee with a broken foot.

I always say get the best equipment you can afford. But....with the amount of riding I do I can't justify spending the $200+ on boots that would mostly be sitting. I picked up a pair of MSR VX-1 ATV boots and I'm pretty happy with them, although maybe the regular sole rather than the lugged ATV sole would be the only change until I get used to them. They were $89.99 at Rocky Mountain. I also considered the A.R.C. Corona 07 and that runs $79.99. The MSR's work fine for me, and their comfortable.

I've had my Tec 8's for 3 years now... and I ride pretty hard. This is my 2nd pair, and I'll keep getting them.... they last a long time. You really do get what you pay for. I've also had the tech 6's too. Nice, but I like the booty that the 8 has.

Think of it this way... You can't ride your Banshee with a broken foot.

& I know that.. bro :biggrin: I wen't to GMO in Canoga, tried on 10 pairs & didn't have the size on the boot I wanted. The guy was being a dick, customer service really sucked & he never knows anything bout anything. :down: But I decided on something & ordered the Axo Slammer Boots in Black from BTO Sports in Oxnard, free shipping. GMO was only good for fitting :blush:

Check out my new kicks & the BTO's link: http://www.btosports.com/

AXO07_Slammer-Boots.jpg