Round House Install

DaveVato

I have searched for this and didnt find anything, so I am asking what could be a stupid question. I have never messed with a round house carrier before.

I bought a GRR +6 Swinger with a round house carrier, I also got the Gforce axle from Rocky.

Just wanted to know the steps to throwing this all together so I dont screw anything up. The round house does come with the brake bracket, and all bearings are supposed to be installed in the carrier. Just wonder if I need to grease some or if the axle goes in the carrier and then the carrier in the swinger?? Thanks!

you probaly want to put the swingarm on the bike, then the carrier on the swingarm, then the axle. That way you don't have all the added weight on the swingarm when you install it.

Do I need to grease anything or are the bearings enough?

1. install the swingarm onto the bike. make sure you get your pivot chain roller or slider on before you install. put some grease on your swingarm bolt too before installing.

2. put the carrier into the swingarm. it will go in the sprocket side and through to the brake side. install the brake mount plate and then put the c-clip on.

3. put the brake hub on the axle and then slide the axle through from the brake slide to the sprocket side. install the sprocket hub and then whatever locking device the axle uses. put some grease on the axle and in the carrier before install.

4. put your wheel hubs and brake caliper on.

5. put the wheels and tires on and let the bike down so that its sitting on the wheels and tires.

6. put the chain on the bike and cut to length. youll want to set the carrier first so that if your chain stretches you can tighten it some. make sure you put the rear chain slider on the bike and space it so that the chain runs straight through it.

7. adjust chain by moving the carrier. about 2" of play in the middle and tighten carrier bolts.

8. go cut some do-nuts in your front yard.

i think that about does it.

• 2 weeks later...
1. install the swingarm onto the bike. make sure you get your pivot chain roller or slider on before you install. put some grease on your swingarm bolt too before installing.

2. put the carrier into the swingarm. it will go in the sprocket side and through to the brake side. install the brake mount plate and then put the c-clip on.

3. put the brake hub on the axle and then slide the axle through from the brake slide to the sprocket side. install the sprocket hub and then whatever locking device the axle uses. put some grease on the axle and in the carrier before install.

4. put your wheel hubs and brake caliper on.

5. put the wheels and tires on and let the bike down so that its sitting on the wheels and tires.

6. put the chain on the bike and cut to length. youll want to set the carrier first so that if your chain stretches you can tighten it some. make sure you put the rear chain slider on the bike and space it so that the chain runs straight through it.

7. adjust chain by moving the carrier. about 2" of play in the middle and tighten carrier bolts.

8. go cut some do-nuts in your front yard.

i think that about does it.

Excellent, thanks for the information, done, done and done. Installation went pretty good. Had to drill out the hole for the shock to mount to. Other then that looks pretty good.

Having a problem after the install.

I have a Wheelie bar mount on my swinger and DMC 916 pipe. The wheelie bar mount hits the bottom of the silencer. Problem is I am going to Silver lake on Thursday, nothing like last minute. Anyway when my 245lbs tanker body sits on the it no the silence rests on the wheelie bar mount. How do I adjust the stock rear to be as stiff as possible. I don't have time to get a new spring until after I get back....

Here is a pic of the swinger: http://www.theweberproject.com/gallery/v/B...300113.JPG.html