whats my carbs sizes?

i bought 00 banshee and it has Keihin carbs but i dont know the size,i think they came from duncan racing cuz everything else on it did.. ive looked and all i can find is the letters PJ. also i ordered the k&n jet kit from RMATV will these jets work on keihin carbs or they just for the stockers?

Unless you ordered the jet kit for keihin pjs then they wont work. If you looked up the carb kit under the model on rm's site, they will be for a stock carb setup. Usually the pj's that builder uses is 34mm's, you need to pull the carb and measure the inlets on the carbs to find the size.

are 34's to much for a engine bored over once with a k&n and t5's(will have some soon) have pual turners now, other mods r the PT power head boyesen superstock reeds(will have som vf3's) and i have the adv timing plate on the way. also if i were to find the 2 into 1 manifold could i just use one of these carbs, would it be enuff?

Your jet kit isnt going to work. It is made for stock Mikuni Carbs.

Your carbs will be ok. They are not to big. I had pj34mm carbs on my banshee. I switched to Keihin PWK33mm carbs. I didnt like the PJ's but as for the size they are not to big.

• 2 weeks later...

well i wanna find out for sure 100 % cuz i wanan sell em and i dun wanna sell em as sumin thier not, so how can i find out 100%

to me it looks like 41mm on one side but like 57 on the other? and to be a 34 it sez 59?

Edited by brian25

It appears they only have two sizes, 34mm and 38mm, so it should be easy to determine which size you have. :thumbsup: The measurement locations and dimensions are listed in the link below.

Keihin PJ carburetors

look on the sides of the carbs and compare the #'s to the #'s provided in the link. i'm not familiar with PJ's, but on the PWK's the #'s are located on the right side of the carb body just above the bowl.

PJ 34MM "67R"

PJ 38MM "R39"

"to me it looks like 41mm on one side but like 57 on the other? and to be a 34 it sez 59?"

with the measurements you have and if the "67R" matches on the carbs then i would feel confident in beliveing that they are 34's. a mm here or there isn't going make much of difference if any. the carb bodies are cast not billet so the tolerances won't be as tight.

thought well nm what i thought.....one of them has the 67R the other has diff numbers on the oppisite side?

any thoughts on this?

thnx guys!!!

what are the #'s? do the carbs look identical?

well the inlets are a lil diff, one is vertical and the other is horizonta,l but other then that they are the same. the numbers are diff like a diff stamp was used. i tried takin pics of em but doesnt come out very well. it doesnt start with either 67r or r39.