Chest protectors

The plastic protectors are alot tougher than you think.

I'm pretty sure I would have broken my collar bone when I had my wreck.

I hit a steel railing with my shoulder.All it did was barely crack the protector.

I was extremely sore but that's better than broken bones.They are worth the money.

This is exactly what I was going to say....all except the steel rail part. For me, I highsided my YZ and was thrown about 30 feet, first impacting my collarbone/shoulder. I KNOW I would have broken my collarbone, but my MSR redirected the impact over a large area so...

I'm here to 2nd the motion that they work!!

But then again, I ride my 'shee wearing Tech 6's too....

Jay From SanD.

chest protectors are great. i never ride without one. i have crashed so hard that the rivet in the shoulder part indented a scar in my arm. also, i hit a bigass tree branch in the woods that tore me off my yz250 at about 40mph. it cracked the chest protector and my arm was sore but it saved me from breaking something. i have one now that has an alien on it, i think its ufo. its nice and i barely know im wearing it.

Yep, I ended up getting the MSR under jersey one.

And damn, sounds like some of you need to stop wrecking all the time :laugh:

If you dont wreck your not trying hard enough!

A few years back I came off my 'Shee mid-fifth gear into the face of a trailside cliff.

Ejected so fast my tight velcro'ed riding glove (front brake side) stayed with the bike.

Broke my back in four places. Took over a year to recover. Still scared to ride a 4 wheeler fast.

Doctor swears the chest protector saved my life.

Helmet was almost destroyed and the chest protector literally in a couple dozen pieces afterward.

Some of the chest protectors are supposed to be single impact. Like helmets - if you've had a bad wreck get a new one.

The chest protector saved my life because I would have impaled my heart on a rock protrusion from the cliff face otherwise.

i always wear my chest protector when i ride. i haven't really had any bad ass crashes wearing it, but it is great for when you get roosted by one of your buds. besides, i've had open heart surgery about 11 years ago and since i've been really protective of my chest/breastbone. (yeah, don't poke me in the chest with your fingers, even jokingly, you're likely to get beat up along side the head). it's not really a problem, but it's in my head to protect it now, and that layer of plastic and padding, however strong or weak it may be, is one layer of defense that makes me feel safer when riding.

by the way, i have a fox air frame, the all black one. it is really comfortable. like wearing boots, it takes a little getting used to at first, but then you forget you're even wearing the gear.

i wear a shift chest protector. like the others say you dont even know its on, its very nice. the way i look at the more protection you can have the better. look around when your at the dunes the people getting hurt have no helmets, no boots, nothing riding in shorts. just stupid if you ask me

I do alot of riding in the desert, and the first time I rode with a chest protector I ended up over my bars and on top of a rock. I'm sure if i didnt have it on I would have been in the hospital i work in haha.. I will never ride with out one ever again!