Bushings On The Linkage?

I have the shock and linkage off my bike. I replaced the bearings, seals and cleaned everything. My question is, the Clymers shows bushings in the linkage, where it connects to the swingarm. Are these the metal pieces that the collar slides into, or are there supposed to be some rubber bushings in there?

The bearings in the shock were replaced. Where the linkage connects to the swingarm, it's the metal collar (the round insert), then the round metal seals. Is there supposed to be a rubber seal in there (similar to the seal in the shock) or just that metal seal?

Edited by seabass

The bearings in the shock were replaced. Where the linkage connects to the swingarm, it's the metal collar (the round insert), then the round metal seals. Is there supposed to be a rubber seal in there (similar to the seal in the shock) or just that metal seal?

There is a metal bushing the goes into the linkage where it connects to the swingarm. I don't know about a rubber seal. You'll be able to tell if you're missing that bushing.........install the linkage and see if it seems loose, the diameter of the bolt will seem too small if the bushing is missing.

Yes on those metal caps there should be a little rubber ring. That keeps the dirt out and the grease in. The metal caps are pretty much like the ones on the swing arm piviot bolt.

Pivot works sells a kit that gets rid of the bronz bushings in the linkage and replacese them with roller berrings. That kit should aslo come with the new dust seals.