RS stator freakin junk

majicmike

MY standard output took a number 2 on me, it was purchased new last year. RS will have it tomorrow for warranty...and I'm weary about putting it back on. I'll be keeping a stocker for backup...

Funny thing is...ran fine ALL YEAR long on my 4 mil on gas. Not a single problem...just my luck I guess....LOL.

I've heard good about Moose stators...hmm...

Mark, Ricky stator makes all his own parts in house....no middle man.

I've heard good about Moose stators...hmm..

moose has 2 models for the banshee part #ESG870250W and ESG871250W. Dont really know what is different other than the last one is suppose to be the newer model....and as we all know newer isnt always better :thumbsup: sry to jack but thought i would throw that in.

moose has 2 models for the banshee part #ESG870250W and ESG871250W. Dont really know what is different other than the last one is suppose to be the newer model....and as we all know newer isnt always better :thumbsup: sry to jack but thought i would throw that in.

Any idea on the pricing? I looked on their site, no pricing for a banshee...just a range for ALL stators.

Sorry to carry on your thread, Mikey...but, thought I'd give everyone an update on my situation.

I sent them my stator on the plate last week via Fed Ex, they had it in their hands Friday.

I called yesterday, and he said a warrantied stator is back on it's way to you, left Wednesday, should have it in MI by Tuesday.

week or so turn around time is not bad...I hope this stator is trouble free.

However, you can bet your arse I'll be bringing up at least one spare with me to the dunes...

Sorry to carry on your thread, Mikey...but, thought I'd give everyone an update on my situation.

I sent them my stator on the plate last week via Fed Ex, they had it in their hands Friday.

I called yesterday, and he said a warrantied stator is back on it's way to you, left Wednesday, should have it in MI by Tuesday.

week or so turn around time is not bad...I hope this stator is trouble free.

However, you can bet your arse I'll be bringing up at least one spare with me to the dunes...

No problem Its great you update people on this so they know they can do that (send them back) I knew I could do it but after 2 I did not figure my luck was going to get any better LOL. I yhink it is about 50/50 with these stators. Good odds unless it my luck LOL hope it works for you dave.

The couple times I talked with them, he said they do everything in house.

However....that could mean his part arrive on a wooden raft from the wooden hut distributor...and they do all assembly work...

But, his exact words were we make everything in house. Open to interpretation...I guess...

However....that could mean his part arrive on a wooden raft from the wooden hut distributor...and they do all assembly work...

But, his exact words were we make everything in house. Open to interpretation...I guess...

Sonofabitch!!! I just went and got a stator, flywheel, and plate from RS a couple months ago! Everything worked fine so far, but damn,..... now Im concerned. Going to be 10 miles out in the woods one day then poof,... stopped working!? :mad:

It is not cheap to make relatively crude electrical parts like that in North America any more. It even costs alot in Mexico. I am not sure if I should be impressed or depressed................. :geek:

I had problems with my first RS as well, bike suddenly ran like crap so we rebuilt the whole motor. Then it still ran like crap because of bad domes AND bad stator And one hell of a time jetting it in this condition lol. With multiple problems it was a bitch to figure out! Especialy since it seemed like I had spark and the pickup was adjusted properly.

However even after 2 years RS replaced it with a new version for free :) It runs much better now.

I would not worry if the parts were made in china since it really is a pretty simple device. Although better screws would be nice, its the quality of the windings (done in house) that makes or breaks the stator.

Not saying you didn't have the pickups adjusted properly on the 2 stators which you had the problems with or anything just stating my experience. Did you by change check the resistance of the ignition coils on the bed ones and compare them to your stock one?

I heard some bad things about RS so i bought a 200 w ricks stator instead. Got it and put it on the bike, wouldnt run worth a shit. Called ricks and rick talked to me personally. Just had to swap two wires and it ran like a champ. I was pissed at first but i sure couldnt complain about the customer service. When the owner him self takes time to talk to you, it kinda tells you something about his products.