RS stator freakin junk

majicmike

I know people love them but I have been through pure hell the last 2 weeks because of junk. Keep in mind that both stators where brand new out of the box. My first 100 watt ricky junk would not fire no matter what I did that stator would not fire. The 2nd one was a 200 watt stator. The bike fired on the second kick and reved clean as hell with the clutch pulled in. I would go to launch and it would bog. Then I tryed to roll start the bike would never come on the pipe. It would not mis or sputer it was clean it would just not come on the pipe.I tryed everything with the carbs. I went from a .114 with the needle in the middle clip to a .120 with the neddle on the bottom clip. Turning the air screews out took the carbs apart and cleand the for an hour. Changed plugs plug gap, pic up gap. swapping plug wires so on and so on.

I called every one I knew I even tryed a few different builders. What I was told by not one but almost everybody I talked to was "Thats a good one " no one!!! knew or had a clue what the problem was.

So I found this ragged out stock stator on the bottom of one of my parts bens and said what the hell. I had to splice and rig this stator back together and put it in my bike............................Thats all it took my bike rips flat out. Fixed the problem 100% 2 stators out of the box junk, what a waste of money Iknow I know you can send them back but for what? sothe can cuase me another huge headach. I think those stators will do best being used as clay piggons LOL

Any way if you think about getting a ricky stator you might want to think about buying one of e-bay first it might save you some time :thumbsup:

Yup Yup, pure piles of shit. Remember the Ricky Stator timing plate we took off my shee??? They are making some real dog shit products right now.

Yup Yup, pure piles of shit. Remember the Ricky Stator timing plate we took off my shee??? They are making some real dog shit products right now.

I am pretty sure I have never bought anything from Ricky Stator........................., but I would like to make sure that people understand the dilemma you are faced with when buying parts such as this.

You have to be really careful. No OEM is out there making there own parts such as this. They farm it all out to a large company such a Panasonic (for example) who them builds the part to Yamaha's spec. and delivers it. If a smaller company like Ricky Stator is to sell parts like this, they probably cut out the middle man and go straight to the plant that Panasonic contracted to make the parts. I am certain that there is a high percentage of scrap parts that come out of this 3rd world manufacturing facility and Yamaha is a large enough entity that they can absorb the cost of sitting on large quantites of parts to resolve the situation or simply testing all the parts that come in and scrapping them themselves (also absorbing the cost of the scrap parts). In the end I doubt Ricky Stator has enough resources to be doing something like that so they are simply assuming most of the parts they get made for them are good. The amount of good parts they get probably is determined by the unstable not-so-skilled labor force available where the parts are made, thus creating a large quality fluctuation. To put that all in simpler terms, if the manufacturing plant has a bad day, then Ricky Stator is going to have a bad day. It's a tough position to be in from Ricky Stator's side for sure, but that is not an excuse for selling bad parts and not solving the problems on their customer's end.

If it were me, I would make sure I either bought OEM Yamaha electrical parts, or buy the parts from a distributor like RMATV who will stand behind what they sell even if the problem is not their fault. That's my HQ public service rant for the day. :biggrin:

I bought and installed a Moose 275 watt stator, and I got it from White Brothers. I've never had a single problem with it, and it's been on for the last 5 years. If anyone is looking for an aftermarket stator, I recommend getting one from White Brothers.

I got a RS200w stator it works ok. I am not knocking what your saying about them being junk. That is totaly believable. I just hope mine holds out. Sounds like if you get a good RS Stator you better keep a hold of it because you might not be able to get a good one.

josh

You also have to look at the brand of replacement stators people are buying. They are more than likely using an aftermarket source like RS. You also have to think why they are replacing the stock unit in the 1st place, cause it probably went bad. I have an RS unit cause my stock unit took a dump. Cost me a great deal of headache as well figuring it out. You win some you loose some. With my experience I've definitely had better luck with RS.

I am pretty sure I have never bought anything from Ricky Stator........................., but I would like to make sure that people understand the dilemma you are faced with when buying parts such as this.

You have to be really careful. No OEM is out there making there own parts such as this. They farm it all out to a large company such a Panasonic (for example) who them builds the part to Yamaha's spec. and delivers it. If a smaller company like Ricky Stator is to sell parts like this, they probably cut out the middle man and go straight to the plant that Panasonic contracted to make the parts. I am certain that there is a high percentage of scrap parts that come out of this 3rd world manufacturing facility and Yamaha is a large enough entity that they can absorb the cost of sitting on large quantites of parts to resolve the situation or simply testing all the parts that come in and scrapping them themselves (also absorbing the cost of the scrap parts). In the end I doubt Ricky Stator has enough resources to be doing something like that so they are simply assuming most of the parts they get made for them are good. The amount of good parts they get probably is determined by the unstable not-so-skilled labor force available where the parts are made, thus creating a large quality fluctuation. To put that all in simpler terms, if the manufacturing plant has a bad day, then Ricky Stator is going to have a bad day. It's a tough position to be in from Ricky Stator's side for sure, but that is not an excuse for selling bad parts and not solving the problems on their customer's end.

If it were me, I would make sure I either bought OEM Yamaha electrical parts, or buy the parts from a distributor like RMATV who will stand behind what they sell even if the problem is not their fault. That's my HQ public service rant for the day. :biggrin:

I agree with you. I would never purchase from them, it was on my bike when I got it. I only buy parts from people or companies that stand by what the are selling.

bigwill has had 4 high output stators from ricky stator give him hell out of the box. he is buying my stockers like they are going out of style. i had a stock replacement ricky stator on my drag bike for years.never had a problem. that was 5 years ago. seems lately they are junk.i would steer clear.

I know people love them but I have been through pure hell the last 2 weeks because of junk. Keep in mind that both stators where brand new out of the box. My first 100 watt ricky junk would not fire no matter what I did that stator would not fire. The 2nd one was a 200 watt stator. The bike fired on the second kick and reved clean as hell with the clutch pulled in. I would go to launch and it would bog. Then I tryed to roll start the bike would never come on the pipe. It would not mis or sputer it was clean it would just not come on the pipe.I tryed everything with the carbs. I went from a .114 with the needle in the middle clip to a .120 with the neddle on the bottom clip. Turning the air screews out took the carbs apart and cleand the for an hour. Changed plugs plug gap, pic up gap. swapping plug wires so on and so on.

I called every one I knew I even tryed a few different builders. What I was told by not one but almost everybody I talked to was "Thats a good one " no one!!! knew or had a clue what the problem was.

So I found this ragged out stock stator on the bottom of one of my parts bens and said what the hell. I had to splice and rig this stator back together and put it in my bike............................Thats all it took my bike rips flat out. Fixed the problem 100% 2 stators out of the box junk, what a waste of money Iknow I know you can send them back but for what? sothe can cuase me another huge headach. I think those stators will do best being used as clay piggons LOL

Any way if you think about getting a ricky stator you might want to think about buying one of e-bay first it might save you some time :thumbsup:

Alot of times, Im not saying this is your case, people dont install stators correctly. First, the RS stator pickup has to have all the plastic stuff cleaned off the pickup sensor area. The RS setup has a lot more tolerance on the plate, thats why it just slides into place, unlike the stock that has to be pried out. Once its in, it has to be checked for proper pickup gap. You have to set it initially and then fire the bike up and run it and make sure the flywheel does not contact the pickup.

Alot of times, Im not saying this is your case, people dont install stators correctly. First, the RS stator pickup has to have all the plastic stuff cleaned off the pickup sensor area. The RS setup has a lot more tolerance on the plate, thats why it just slides into place, unlike the stock that has to be pried out. Once its in, it has to be checked for proper pickup gap. You have to set it initially and then fire the bike up and run it and make sure the flywheel does not contact the pickup.

Thanks for the advice :wink: