4mm and base plate..help?

if im to run a stroked crank of 4mm..will simply using a bace plate re aline all the ports and stuff..or will port timming still be an issue..? i know that pple are not a fan of the bace plate as it creates one more place to posibly leak..but if i did it i would seem weld it on to the barrels ..thanks..

if im to run a stroked crank of 4mm..will simply using a bace plate re aline all the ports and stuff..or will port timming still be an issue..? i know that pple are not a fan of the bace plate as it creates one more place to posibly leak..but if i did it i would seem weld it on to the barrels ..thanks..

We do not recommend them because of port timing problems. Custom head work is preferred for optimum performance. We offer stock head mods or NOSS builds the custom domes for the stroker.

Brandon

id stay away from spacer plates. do it right and have your cylinders ported correctly and get the proper domes and and aftermarket head to accept the stroke.

not saying it cant be done with the plate, but it would be better to do it the other way.

You put that 2mm plate under the cylinders your going to advance all the port timings by 2mm's. I would just run a cut head instead.

ok thanks...so if i cut the domes..what about all the other transfee and exaust ports,,will they need to be altered?

ok thanks...so if i cut the domes..what about all the other transfee and exaust ports,,will they need to be altered?

If your jugs are ported now then I would just run the cut domes and not try to alter the ports. I would say it is better to have the port timing on the concervitave side. Rather than go over the edge with the plate.