VForce 3

I don't know if it is to early in the morning or my brain is working overtime, but I am wondering if you need take the inner part out of the VForce 3 reeds before intalling them or better to leave them in? With these stuffer things they come with, it chokes down the opening of the reed to be a circle. With that part taking out, the reeds are square and line up with the intakes.

V-FORCE%20STUFFERS-corner.jpg

You should leave it in or buy the cascade reed stuffers. That needs to be in there so the reedblock stays put. It also gives the gasket a place to seal up to. If you dont want to buy the reed stuffers then just take the stock innter piece out and port match it to the size of your intake manifold. The inlet to the reed cage doesnt need to be any larger than the size of the intake.

Honestly...I think the stuffers are less than 10 or 15 bucks for both of them from Cascade...

I doubt it would be worth the time trying to cut the regular VForce inserts down...when these are all you need...

It's 9.95 for a pair of 'em.

However, I think they're only recommended for bigger motors, like the Cheetahs and Cub motors....smaller motors may not have the velocity to take advantage of them.

Honestly...I think the stuffers are less than 10 or 15 bucks for both of them from Cascade...

I doubt it would be worth the time trying to cut the regular VForce inserts down...when these are all you need...

It's 9.95 for a pair of 'em.

However, I think they're only recommended for bigger motors, like the Cheetahs and Cub motors....smaller motors may not have the velocity to take advantage of them.

Awesome guys, that is exactly what I needed to know! I'll just throw them in as is since I still have a baby motor...I just thought it was weird that the inlet size of the VForce reeds were smaller than the stock reed opening.

By the way, does anyone know if between the stock intake the stock reeds, there is a gasket? I keep looking and don't see an edge on either. I just don't want to double up the gasket if there is actually one there.

Thanks again! :beer:

Awesome guys, that is exactly what I needed to know! I'll just throw them in as is since I still have a baby motor...I just thought it was weird that the inlet size of the VForce reeds were smaller than the stock reed opening.

By the way, does anyone know if between the stock intake the stock reeds, there is a gasket? I keep looking and don't see an edge on either. I just don't want to double up the gasket if there is actually one there.

Thanks again! :beer:

You'll have to trim the rubber "V" off the stock intakes. Just take a razor blade knife, trim it down.

Use a gasket for both sides of the VForce reed cage, 2 per side, 4 total.

I also use some RTV, thin, thin coat on those gaskets, too....

You'll have to trim the rubber "V" off the stock intakes. Just take a razor blade knife, trim it down.

Use a gasket for both sides of the VForce reed cage, 2 per side, 4 total.

I also use some RTV, thin, thin coat on those gaskets, too....

Sweet thanks! Now off to putting these on! :biggrin: