What Size and How Many Paddles?

I am getting ready to put together my engine. 400cc's (Maybe mid 60's for horespower :shrug: Not really sure. Could be more just being concervative)

Patriot Racing Drag Ported cylinders. 66mm Bore

4mill Crank

Keihin PWK33's with Boss Intake

Toomey T5's (I know not the most Ideal pipes for the porting)

Cool Head with Race Fuel Domes from patriot racing

Timing set at +6 deg

V Force reeds

K&N Pods

Direct Drive Lockup

I was thinking about selling my sand stars to a friend and getting some skat track haulers or exteems. I wouldnt have the foggiest Idea on how many paddles to run. I would like to have a 20" tire on 10"rims, but I could probably live with 21"tire on a 10" rim. I dont really like the look of 22" in tires or 8" in rims. I dont really plan on drag racing other than just with friends.

So pretty much my two tire sizes I was looking at was 20" or 21" tire on 10" rims.

So how many paddles should I get if I change? Regular Haulers or Extreem Haulers?

Or should I just keep the Sand Stars?

I really apprecat any of the advice I can get from you guys.

josh

I am getting ready to put together my engine. 400cc's (Maybe mid 60's for horespower :shrug: Not really sure. Could be more just being concervative)

Patriot Racing Drag Ported cylinders. 66mm Bore

4mill Crank

Keihin PWK33's with Boss Intake

Toomey T5's (I know not the most Ideal pipes for the porting)

Cool Head with Race Fuel Domes from patriot racing

Timing set at +6 deg

V Force reeds

K&N Pods

Direct Drive Lockup

I was thinking about selling my sand stars to a friend and getting some skat track haulers or exteems. I wouldnt have the foggiest Idea on how many paddles to run. I would like to have a 20" tire on 10"rims, but I could probably live with 21"tire on a 10" rim. I dont really like the look of 22" in tires or 8" in rims. I dont really plan on drag racing other than just with friends.

So pretty much my two tire sizes I was looking at was 20" or 21" tire on 10" rims.

So how many paddles should I get if I change? Regular Haulers or Extreem Haulers?

Or should I just keep the Sand Stars?

I really apprecat any of the advice I can get from you guys.

josh

My cousin has a patriot 4mill that Dan did, he runs 12 paddle 22x11x8 super lights. Its pretty damn fast.

Even with T5 pipes...I would be disappointed in Patriot if they only mustered up 60HP...I'd bet they're quite a bit more than that, probably high 70's to low 80s...IMO.

I know it's only your estimate...but, you'll be surprised.

You probably shouldn't have gotten a drag port if you don't plan on drag racing all that much.

A True drag port only has top end, kinda like a cub. No bottom, very little or no mid....which doesn't make for a great duning motor.

That being said, if you're not gonna drag race, just keep your sand stars...or get some 10 paddle haulers.

I don't see override anywhere in your sig...pulling that clutch in at high revs is gonna be tough with the weights slamming your clutch locked!!

You probably shouldn't have gotten a drag port if you don't plan on drag racing all that much.

A True drag port only has top end, kinda like a cub. No bottom, very little or no mid....which doesn't make for a great duning motor.

Your probably right on that one. That is kind of what I am afraid of now that I am getting the engine back to gether. No override yet ethire. I think I might try running around on the sand stars for a wile see how it goes. If the cylinders are to agressive for me then I will probably end up getting rid of them.

thanks for your help. I really apprecate it.

josh

No problem, Josh...

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep it real.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be a fun bike...but, might be a little harder to keep on the pipe depending on how drastic that drag port is...

Good luck!!

That is cool I understand. I will just have to try it out and see if I like it.