Pro-Tec ATV Gas Cap Web Site

Well I got my gas cap today. I see what you mean. That rubber O ring only really holds the clear window in. The groove needs to be up a little more so the o ring holds the window in tighter. I just used a little black gasket maker to seal it up. Just put a little on the lip on the top of the window and put it back together. Hopfully that should take care of it.

I thought about using gasket maker on it, but I also imagined leaking fuel all over my bike in the dunes after that didn't work. I needed something more permanent to feel good about myself. :biggrin:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man we test everything from Jet Fuel, Gasoline, 6 Oil, Condensate, Benzene, Cumene, Conosol, Coker Gas, Lube Oil, MTBE, etc. i mean there's hundreds of chemicals out there and we pretty much run test on all of them. There are ASTM Standard books on how the methods of each test should be ran and i think there's 9 books all 800 pages long so i'll be here for months telling you what we do...lol But it's a cool job all the left over jet fuel i bring home and use to start fires.

I had a pretty good idea of what y'all did in general. I was just looking for someone to tell me a story............ :biggrin:

Well there is some stuff in our lab that if you get less than a dime size drop on your skin your dead within 2 hours. It's called Aniline we use it to run aniline point in crude oils and condensate. Shit is death in a bottle it's crazy.

I thought about using gasket maker on it, but I also imagined leaking fuel all over my bike in the dunes after that didn't work. I needed something more permanent to feel good about myself. :biggrin:

I will deffinatly keep my stock cap in the truck when I go riding. Until at least I get some confidance in my repair. That way it can go to crap after I fully trust that I fixed it. That seems to be how it works.

josh

I will deffinatly keep my stock cap in the truck when I go riding. Until at least I get some confidance in my repair. That way it can go to crap after I fully trust that I fixed it. That seems to be how it works.

josh

That sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:

If you are talking about pro-tek out of california, don't waste your time. I talked to marino down there about a blaster stator cover. He told me "oh ya" I can make that. I sent him my stock stator cover and then he sent it back with a note. I cannot make this because of this and that. Anybody that make billet parts knows what the hell to do. Well he is an idiot and after wasting about three weeks of my time. I bought one from t.m. designs and had it the next day. I seriously would not buy anything from him. There parts are not the best quality. Also found out that they make parts for Modquad and vise versa. I always wondered why modquad would never make certain parts and now I know why. I won't buy from either of them now. Just thought you should know! Robert

Edited by sand4ever

If you are talking about pro-tek out of california, don't waste your time. I talked to marino down there about a blaster stator cover. He told me "oh ya" I can make that. I sent him my stock stator cover and then he sent it back with a note. I cannot make this because of this and that. Anybody that make billet parts knows what the hell to do. Well he is an idiot and after wasting about three weeks of my time. I bought one from t.m. designs and had it the next day. I seriously would not buy anything from him. There parts are not the best quality. Also found out that they make parts for Modquad and vise versa. I always wondered why modquad would never make certain parts and now I know why. I won't buy from either of them now. Just thought you should know! Robert

It's not the same Pro-tekk. The Pro-tekk that was giving me trouble seems to be from New Jersey. There is also a Pro-Tech in Vancouver, WA that makes fancy stainless steel and aluminum truck accessories. :thumbsup:

I really don't know anything about the Pro-tec you dealt with, but he sounds like a real winner. :down: