Marvin Shaw shocks

00strokerbanshee

I just put a +6 swingarm on my bike and knew I was going to need a new rear shock or put a heavier spring on the factory shock. Any of you guys running the marvin shaw's on your bikes? I was considering his coil over version. My bike is ridden in the dunes and rough chopped up sand conditions. I'm looking for something that will increase the rear ride height and give me a decent ride. Do you guys recomend purchasing one of his shocks(coil over, hill shooter, dune shock version?) or install a heavier sping on the factory shock.

Also have any of you guys ran his shocks on the front? I have a set of +2 arms with pro series piggy back works shocks on it right now. I was considering changing the fronts to his coil over version as well if they will ride decent. Any input will be helpful!!

Thanks guys.

I don't run the coilovers but I do have the competition series on my banshee. I really like the marvins on mine, I haven't had a lot of time on them yet but the little bit that I did ride it she felt great. Becky and Tim have great service, I wouldn't hesitate to call them up and ask them about how the coilovers would do on your ride. Becky was very informative and helpful with me, I'm sure she can answer any questions you have. If I mostly rode sand I'd probably look into the coilovers for my play bike :thumbsup:

It depends on how and where you ride.

The comp series that Travis and I use are pretty much for drag only...

They need to be stiff. And mine sure as hell are.

However, the coilovers aren't bad shocks for some duning...

Drag racers in general want little or no squat (part of the reason for building a rigid chassis) when the bike squats too much, it's wasting energy trying to move it forward....

Hope that helps.