Ideal intake setup

4stroker

Ok so im sending out my cylinders soon to be ported, and i am just starting to think about my intake setup, and if it will need any work to be ideal.

for example i have just purchased a pro design intake (the one with built in boost bottle), and am about to order a vf3 system as well.

i havent actually handled or even looked at these parts yet, so just wanted to ask if there is any machining that can be done to get evrything to work better? as in, can you port match everything up to each other, and do people do this?

thanks, mark

If your Pro-Design intakes that arn't set up for the V-Force reeds and you dont want to get a new set, you can make them work. I would suggest selling them and getting a set of boss intakes or white knuckle intakes as everyone else has already said. But.. to make them work you'll have to pop out the diverter plate and then use a hack saw to cut off the 2 tabs on each side of the intake. Then I used a dremmel and trimmed it up to make it flat. Soo.. I would suggest just to get a new intakes system if yours isn't made for the V-Force.

to make them work you'll have to pop out the diverter plate and then use a hack saw to cut off the 2 tabs on each side of the intake. Then I used a dremmel and trimmed it up to make it flat.

that is what i will be doing! on a bit of a budget and got the pro design intake dirt cheap so gonna try make it work. might also get some of those stuffers for the vf3s from cascade or make my own (got a mate with a profile cutter)

thanks for all the replies