Fastenerguy Banshee Stainless Steel Bolt Kits

FireHead

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the motor mount bolt (onthe right)(Notice the Non Threaded Area that prevents the bolt from threading in all the way)

Here so some more...This one is supposed to go in the brake hub (Hmmm 2 other bolts fit in there though)...just a little too long! Oh yea and Polished my ass...

post-3120-1178004144_thumb.jpg

Justin...

To your point, here's all I can say. I have a cut frame...cut plastics, aftermarket swinger, rounhouse, no link suspension.

I'm also not running front or rear bumpers.

I have a bag of bolts left over.

I did have to get creative with the rear brake mount, and I did have to buy a different lower shock bolt due to my no link.

I was able to "find" a fastener to do my whole bike, and I had to mount a fuel pump and a few other odds and ends that a stocker will not have.

My point is/was the quality of the bolts and the look of them. They are not show quality polished, nor did I expect them to be for the price I paid.

However, I think it is more than a fair bolt kit in my opinion....but, I can see your point as well...

I was incorrect about thebrake hub bolts they were too long, not too short so they would stick into the space where the brake disk goes, making them useless.

Please show me a fastner store that sell M10 .1.25 in stainless I looked for about a month. AlL I could find was 1.50 pitch in stainless. They do exist as Russ used to have them like $10 for 2 or something. I think he had them custom made or something.

Ok man, ignorence is bliss eot.

Here is an example of some bolts that Did not match (I don't remember what these were for.

I don't have the bolts in front of me to take a picture of this morning, but I got them from here http://www.tacomascrew.com/ . :thumbsup:

My point is/was the quality of the bolts and the look of them. They are not show quality polished, nor did I expect them to be for the price I paid.

However, I think it is more than a fair bolt kit in my opinion....but, I can see your point as well...

The Fastenerguy must have been going through some changed as I would argure that most of the hardware I recieved in the kit could pass for show quality and the bolt lenghts that I have used so far have been right on the money. :confused:

The Fastenerguy must have been going through some changed as I would argure that most of the hardware I recieved in the kit could pass for show quality and the bolt lenghts that I have used so far have been right on the money. :confused:

when i got mine from him, the one thing i was not happy with wa the finish... i was under the impression they shined like in his picts on ebay... thats not the case... however justin i think you may have gotten either the wrong bolt kit or they dropped a tag on the wrong bad or something... i check most of the critical bolt like the ones you took picts of, mine where right onthe money... i didnt have bolts way off like in your picts... did you ever contact him about it? maybe he would have resolved the issue?

Those pics of the wrong bolts were either mis-marked or you got them mixed up. My bros fasternerguy kits bolts fit perfectly, none of the bolts were too long or anything like you are showing.

when i got mine from him, the one thing i was not happy with wa the finish... i was under the impression they shined like in his picts on ebay... thats not the case... however justin i think you may have gotten either the wrong bolt kit or they dropped a tag on the wrong bad or something... i check most of the critical bolt like the ones you took picts of, mine where right onthe money... i didnt have bolts way off like in your picts... did you ever contact him about it? maybe he would have resolved the issue?

Haha.........the bolts in the kit I got did look like the eBay pictures.

Well I sent him the pics, he sent me replacement bags with the same Bulshit bolts in them that did not fit. I have all 6 linkage bolts sitting in a box they are worthless. He would not send the correct bolts after he tried to replace them with the same garbage so I cannot recommend this kit to anyone and would strongly advise against it unless you have money to blow. Only 50% of the bolts fit and Fastnerguy would not do shit about it for me. Do a search and you will find my old thread. Feel free to direct him to this post I do not care and hope he reads it.

He told me the same Bulshit you guys are suggesting to me that the bolts must have gone into the wrong bag or I mixed them up, been mislabeled or whatever. Too bad the ones he re-shipped were exactly the same; worthless, and were labeled for the same parts. Sorry that is the truth deal with it. I will give him credit that I asked him for a second set of one of the bags (can't remember which is was maybe pipe bolts or something) because his rear brake hub bolts did not fit he did do this so I was able to at least get those installed. However he did not seem to believe me that I was having issues with his kit, just wanted to make me happy not take my advice and just ignored the pics (never heard back from him). Or maybe he did take my advice now but just a little too late for me. Maybe I was the guinea pig for him so he just decided to fuk me over I don't know...

I'm done with this tread so I will not be replying to it anymore, all I can do is warn others and post my experience. If you do not agree with it just leave it at that. There way too much crap posted on this forum that is misleading. You like the kit great, I rebuilt my entire bike and it did not work out so well. I have no reason to lie and I have no reason to have taken these pics months ago if the bolts fit or startup that old post. After the second set of bolts he shipped me I sent him even more pics and got no reply. Feel free to ask any of my riding buddies only about 50-60% of the bolts fit the rest is absolute Garbage. I still have a TON of stock bolts on my bike and my wallet is $110 lighter.

Although as stated $110 isn't that much money, IMO when you buy a bolt "KIT" the damn bolts should fit, I can understand some of them being incorrect but it was only about 50% or so, I got a "Kit" because I do not have to drive around Los Angeles looking for bolts that fit, and now I have to do this anyways. most of the bolts that did fit I already had (clutch and stator cover bolts) so that did me no good. others that fit I had to pull out of other bags which were labeled for other things and sacrifice using the bolts for those items. Also what did you all do for the steering stem bolts since the factory one is integrated into the mounting hardware?

Mainly I used the A-arm Bolts (which don't fit extremely well either and I may remove them) pipe bolts and plastic bolts. I also used radiator and gas tank bolts. Also rear brake hub bolts after I got the extra replacements, I also replaced my Allen head for my shift lever with a new one but I already had this bolt as well The rest I have no use for and did not fit. The air box bolts I used for other misc stuff like my battery since it mounts there and some others (taillight bolts) for things that his kit did not replace (like the bolts for the CDI etc.)

Things that you will need to buy yourself After you blow you money on this kit include:

Motor mount bolts (All the mount bolts I went back to stock on including the Long ones)

Brake Hub Bolts

Swingarm & linkage Bolts

A-arm Bolts (unless you want the nuts to be just BARLEY threaded on line mine)

Foot Peg Bolts (not included in kit)

Brake Hub Bolts

Rear Sprocket Bolts

Wheel Nuts were a complete joke (expects you to put non flanged nuts on your wheels with flat washers and lock washers LOL

Things that fit that I can remember off the top of my head:

Head (already had these)

Bar Clamp (already had these)

Brake Reservoir

Plastics

Brake lever

Pipe Mounts

Gas Tank

Clutch and Case covers (already had these)

Shift Lever (already had)

I know there were others as well and if you want to know PM me and I will try to tell you if I can remember or I will go look at my bike.

In the end I would say the majority of the bolts that Did fit I had already purchased or replaced when and were common. All the bolts that are harder to find did not fit.

Also my bolts are not Polished but regular stainless steel, I don't care that much though since I did not expect them to be super shiny for the price, I just expected them to fit and not receive some BS about how it's just my banshee they don't fit on (as you can see from the pics they don't fit ANY Banshee)

edit: I will take pics of more of the bolts I have not used because they did not fit and post back if anyone would like, but that

Edited by Justintoxicated

I'm sorry you didn't have much luck with the kit...Justin.

I'll agree that you'll need to get foot peg bolts.

My shock bolts didn't work because of a no link.

The lower A Arm bolts on mine worked perfect...but, I have a J Arm chassis...and his kit does not come with upper A Arm or upper J Arm bolts...those I had to buy, just like foot peg bolts, too!!

I have an LSR Drag axle with a Honda style rear hub, so I had to buy other bolts.

As said...my frame/build is kinda one off. I was able to use 90% of his bolts, the others I chalked up to it being a non-standard build.

Again, sorry about your luck...but, I'm happy with my kit!!

D

Things that you will need to buy yourself After you blow you money on this kit include:

Motor mount bolts (All the mount bolts I went back to stock on including the Long ones)

Brake Hub Bolts

Swingarm & linkage Bolts

A-arm Bolts (unless you want the nuts to be just BARLEY threaded on line mine)

Foot Peg Bolts (not included in kit)

Brake Hub Bolts

Rear Sprocket Bolts

Wheel Nuts were a complete joke (expects you to put non flanged nuts on your wheels with flat washers and lock washers LOL

Things that fit that I can remember off the top of my head:

Head (already had these)

Bar Clamp (already had these)

Brake Reservoir

Plastics

Brake lever

Pipe Mounts

Gas Tank

Clutch and Case covers (already had these)

Shift Lever (already had)

I know there were others as well and if you want to know PM me and I will try to tell you if I can remember or I will go look at my bike.

In the end I would say the majority of the bolts that Did fit I had already purchased or replaced when and were common. All the bolts that are harder to find did not fit.

Also my bolts are not Polished but regular stainless steel, I don't care that much though since I did not expect them to be super shiny for the price, I just expected them to fit and not receive some BS about how it's just my banshee they don't fit on (as you can see from the pics they don't fit ANY Banshee)

That's all pretty strange. The kit that I got was nothing like you are describing. Other than the footpeg boltsn ot being there (which is sort of understandable), all of the bolts that I have needed so far have been there. All the bolts I got were graded, hand polished stainless steel fasteners. I can see that there is a trend with this kit that involved using a different thread pitch on a fastener if the kit also supplies the the female threaded portion of the particular fastener system. I cna't blame someone for doing that as it makes thing easier and cheaper (I do the same thing myself). What I don't understand is how my kit is so completely different than yours and several other people's on here.

I'm sorry you didn't have much luck with the kit...Justin.

I'll agree that you'll need to get foot peg bolts.

My shock bolts didn't work because of a no link.

The lower A Arm bolts on mine worked perfect...but, I have a J Arm chassis...and his kit does not come with upper A Arm or upper J Arm bolts...those I had to buy, just like foot peg bolts, too!!

I have an LSR Drag axle with a Honda style rear hub, so I had to buy other bolts.

As said...my frame/build is kinda one off. I was able to use 90% of his bolts, the others I chalked up to it being a non-standard build.

Again, sorry about your luck...but, I'm happy with my kit!!

D

Yea mine did not come with upper A-arm bolts I can't find those anywhere, just like the footpeg bolts (but this was acceptable it was the stuff it came with that did not fit that was no good.). Sounds likr you guys used ALOT more of the kit than I did. Should I buy ANOTHER stainless kit to get the other 50%? I don't think it's worth it and it's not fiar that I should have to buy 2 of them.

I said I was done with this thread but do any of you by chance have pictures of the Motor mount bolts and Swingarm bolts? I'd like to see if they are different from mine. Lower A-arm bolt's mounted would be nice as well.

Yea mine did not come with upper A-arm bolts I can't find those anywhere, just like the footpeg bolts (but this was acceptable it was the stuff it came with that did not fit that was no good.). Sounds likr you guys used ALOT more of the kit than I did. Should I buy ANOTHER stainless kit to get the other 50%? I don't think it's worth it and it's not fiar that I should have to buy 2 of them.

I said I was done with this thread but do any of you by chance have pictures of the Motor mount bolts and Swingarm bolts? I'd like to see if they are different from mine. Lower A-arm bolt's mounted would be nice as well.

Which swingarm bolts are you looking for a ficture of? I didn't get the front one in my kit (nor, did I expect to). I have all the bolts laid out on my work cart in my garage right now. This will be the best time to get me to take pictures of anything. :thumbsup: