Fastenerguy Banshee Stainless Steel Bolt Kits

FireHead

I finally got the bolt kit from Fastenerguy on eBay. The fasteners were actually alot better than I expected.

Almost all of the stainless steel fasteners were graded as follows:

ISO 3506. A2 Property Class 70 is an austenitic stainless steel essentially similar to alloy 304, although it has higher mechanical property requirements - yield strength minimum = 450 MPa, and ultimate tensile strength minimum = 700 MPa.

On top of that, most of the fasterners look like they have been hand polished with a rouge polishing compound.

I won't have a chance to get the fasteners into service for awhile, but as of now, for the $90 I spent on the kit, I am thoroughly impressed.

post-14489-1177477085_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the kit and guy you got them from?

Fastnerguy Ebay LINK

Looks like a good kit.

Yeah that it exactly what I purchased.

I was a bit skeptical of the bolt quality when I ordered that kit and I promised that I would start a thread detailing what I thought of the fastners in this particular kit.

Not all company's have the foot peg bolts. I had to order mine seperate from Alloyboltz because they weren't included with the kit. They are trick though. The only bolts I have not been able to get are the upper a-arm pivot bolts.

It does not come with foot peg bolts, or upper J or A Arm bolts.

Damn it...the foot peg bolts are M10 X 1.50 or 1.75 pitch...

Mark, I was out in the garage till 11:30 last night, gonna be out again. And....I know this because I stripped a foot peg bolt.

I've got the tap laying in the pool of parts and tools on my garage floor (controlled mess)

I'll try to get you the tap size when I get home....

I still would not give 1/2 a penny for the alloy kit.........was not Impresed with the quality or the polish :down: And for myself I will throw the A-arm bolts in the bolt bucket but I am anal LOL But for non-load bearing parts I think there great ! I also have some trick anodized aluminum bolts for some non-load bearing stuff as well. Also they are light and will trim some wieght of that heavy pig of a raptor :thumbsup:

It does not come with foot peg bolts, or upper J or A Arm bolts.

Damn it...the foot peg bolts are M10 X 1.50 or 1.75 pitch...

Mark, I was out in the garage till 11:30 last night, gonna be out again. And....I know this because I stripped a foot peg bolt.

I've got the tap laying in the pool of parts and tools on my garage floor (controlled mess)

I'll try to get you the tap size when I get home....

The tap size and a WAG at the thread length would be great.

I already knew I wasn't getting upper a-arm bolts. Luckily the hardware store by my house has an awesome fastener selection and if they don't have what I need they have a giant fastener catalog that I can order from and have my order shipped to their store, next day, for free. :thumbsup:

I still would not give 1/2 a penny for the alloy kit.........was not Impresed with the quality or the polish :down: And for myself I will throw the A-arm bolts in the bolt bucket but I am anal LOL But for non-load bearing parts I think there great ! I also have some trick anodized aluminum bolts for some non-load bearing stuff as well. Also they are light and will trim some wieght of that heavy pig of a raptor :thumbsup:

I know you are talking about the Alloybolt kit from eBay, but I would like to reninforce the fact that the Fastenerguy kit does come with quality, graded fasteners, that are not made from Chinese mystery material. :thumbsup:

Mark...for some reason...M10, 1.25 and 40 or 50mm long is my thought. Will make sure tonight...:)

Cool, I really appreciate it. For some reason I remember that there are a couple different lengths of OEM fasteners used on the foot pegs. I might be wrong though. I have the memory of a 4 year old when I am not at work. I also can't make a decision on anything for the life of me if I am not at work. :blink:

Glad you guys like the fastnerguy kit. I wish I would have used them instead of the alloy one I got. My bros fastnerguy kit is great!