I'm gonna install a Case Saver

jayzx10r

Plastic by far. If the chain comes loose it can potentialy rip that billet one out along with the bolts. The plastic one will have more of a tendency to just break away and not become a piece of shrapnel or a projectile.

Where is firehead and his infinite engineering knowledge, when you need him.

Either way, I will take a shot at it with my more limited engineering knowledge. I think that TM designs one would be the best bet. It is supported a lot more then the other style ones. the normal ones are supported pretty far down from where the actual force from impact would occur, youd have a torque that would produce a god amount of stress in the bolts. The TM design ones are supported closer to the point of impact.

As far as the cheaper ones. You would definately want to maximize the toughness(resistance to fracture when stressed). I would ass-u-me that the billet aluminum one would be tougher, but I don't have numbers on that to back it up, and even so I would think that both are probably very close anyway.

I have the modquad billet alumnum ones on both my bikes, if one ever happens to break or get lost, Id probably buy the TM ones.

so do stock chains brake allot is that what i see hear?

i just have a stok bike andi dont think te chin would snap it has about an inch on play

but anyways i would rater go with the plastic

yeah what he said....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

163302605317_3300-1.jpg

i got one in mine and its because of how it spreads the load and basically allows chain to feed through without wadding up....

I've already had my case cracked and went through the process of having it welded.. And dont want to go through that again... After seeing the pics posted and reading your thoughts, I'll be getting the TM designworks one.. anyone been pricing them out at all? Just wondering where the cheapest place is to find em.

Thanks

Brad

The cheapest I have found it for AFTER i orderd mine for 49.95 was www.ronnies.com

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/eshopprod_...DESTRUCTABL.htm

I also ordered one of there rear chain guides with the double power lip rollers.

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/eshopprod_...AR_CHAIN_GU.htm

97-0338_400.jpg

Thanks for the prices

I will likely end up getting one through rockymountain... as they are 49.99... ronnies is only $4 cheaper and I've not dealt with that company...

• 6 months later...