Which piston to use?

Hey guys, sorry to be a pest about this, Im in the middle of putting together a 5 mil longrod 4 mil stroker with a 64.5 bore and have been having other thoughts, seeing how my entire life is a power trip I have decided to go woth a 68mm big bore to compliment the 5mil longrod 4 mil stroker crank, the problem is the only piston I can seem to find for this is a pro x and it says nothing about a longrod or stroker engine and I would honestly prefer to use a pro-lite piston considering its well proven record in my machine. Any help on this would be great!! :thanks: Ryan

P.S. If my calculations are correct this bitch should rip!!

Edited by raptorooster

I believe most people run 68 mm blaster pistons with the 4mm long rod crank.

I am going to be running 66mm blaster pistons in a set of ported stock cylinders that I got resleeved. I will also have to run custome cut domes. I dont know if you would have to do that since your running a cub. I dont know if the cylinders are made with a taller deck hight to allow for the stroker.

Im not using a cub, I was looking at boring and sleeving the stock cylinders, I have just changed my mind after speaking with Jeff from F.A.S.T. apparently with that setup there is not alot of transfer port space and wont run as well as im hoping for, So at this point im rather torn on what to do?

I bought a used set of patriot racing drag ported cylinders for $100. They needed to be resleeved. So I contacted Patriot Racing and they said they would resleeve them. They said that they could resleeve them with sleeves that started out at 66mm. I didnt want to have them resleeve them with stock bore sleeves and then punch them out to 66mm right a way. It will be a 400cc.

I dont know if I would have a set of perfictly fine cylinders bored out and resleeved. Patrioit racing shot me a pretty good price on resleeving those cylinders. I will have around $400 in the cylinders by the are done being resleeved. That is about the price of a port job. Paying for a port job and resleeving you would have just as much money invested in stock cylinders that you could go buy a cub. I wouldnt have done this if i didnt get the ported 4 mill cylinders for $100.