Shrader Valve Stem Mod On Stock Front Rims

I saw some stock Banshee front rims for sale on Ebay the other day that had a flat plug (Looked like steel?) in place of the Schrader valvestem. It said in the description that you could use the rim with the offset +2 (Valvestem on the inside).

Anyone know what kind of plug they used and how they aired the tire up? I'd really like to have a wider stance up front and still utilize the stock rims. They're pretty durable compared to most aftermarket rims, not to mention they're already paid for.

Steve

well if you take the tire off your stock rims and take the vavle stem out then put it back in the wrong was so the valve part is on the inside of the rim. all this is used for is to plug the hole. then you drill a hole on the other side of the rim and install a valve stem in the right way. so umm this alowes you to flip your rims around to gain more offset on the front without your vavle stem hitting the brake rotor. i hope you can understand that. another thing you can do is go to your local tire shop and see if they have super short stubby vavle stems that might be easyer because then you could just replace your stock one with a stubby and you wouldnt have to worry about anything once you flip your rims on and if you fell confident you can take the valve caps off your stock valve stems and it will just barly clear your brake rotor when your rims are fliped but its alittle to close for comfort for me. anyway to sum it all up try anf find some stubby valve stems then flip your rims and you will gain width or do the mod i tryed explaining above.

i drew a pic lol hope this helps. oh yeah the pic os of the mod this guy is refering to

rimmod-1.jpg

Edited by yamaha04