where to buy pipes

im tore between these pipes. i love the sound of the dmc 916's but i also love the sound of the t5's i have reserched and learned they both produce close to the same power so now it comes down to price. i know rmatv sells the t5's cheap and majicmike can also give me a good deal. but i havent seen to many places that sell the dmc's i will be rideing some MX and trails plus. sand pit and hill climbs. my cyilenders are being ported by jeff . agressive play any info would be great.

T5's hands down.

you think. i know they are a wicked pipe from what i have read. i hate to start a pipe thread lol theres only 1500 of them but you just dont hear much about the dmc's. they look very very close to the same shape

I dont know about you, but i hate being a clone. I always like a different looking bike. (no im not and emo kid that wants attention lol!)

lol i hear ya thats why i bought another banshee and not a 450. but then again i love the look of the t5's and they perform awsome aperantly so i dont mind being like everyone else. no one i know that lives around me have t5's. accualy theres not may banshee either. cant wait to roll up to the start line at the mx track around here and ring the sound of a 2 stroke lol

I dont know about you, but i hate being a clone. I always like a different looking bike. (no im not and emo kid that wants attention lol!)

So you'd run the stock pipes "just to be different". That doesn't really make sense b/c there's only so much aftermarket stuff available so there's ALWAYS going to be someone out there w/ the same stuff. I say T-5's too :thumbsup:

If your going to be trail riding I say DMC 916's because they make good spark arresters for them.

So does toomey.

sparky4.jpg

This comes right off of Patriot Racings web page. Just click the different engine setups and they list all there recomendations. http://www.patriotracing.net/Banshee.htm Kind of gives you an Idea of what pipe they recomend for what port job you are having done.

Moto-cross Engine

Patriot Racing recommends Paul Turner mid range pipes for our MX motors. The Paul Turner pipes with our set-up has excellent low end power- a very strong midrange, but a smooth hit onto the pipe- providing for greater control and power tractability.

350cc Hot Trail Engine

We highly recommend DMC pipes. With slightly more mid range and smoother power, we prefer these pipes over most.

350cc Dune Engine

We highly recommend Toomey T-5 pipes. If noise limits are a concern our engine package works extremely well with the Toomey Hush Kit.

400cc Stroker Dune Engine

We highly recommend CPI in-frame drag pipes. With the increased bore size and increased stroke the loss of low end power from the CPI in-frame drag pipes is negated. The CPI in frame pipes also allow the motor to turn a greater RPM than most in frame pipes allow. The aggressive design on the CPI in-frame pipes scavenge the larger bore size better creating more peak power. Secondary choice would be Toomey T-5's.

I went with the dmc 916. I can tell you one thing, I`am on week 7 wating for replacement parts from dmc

DMC is normally great with customer service...

unfortunatly, right now they are backordered on the 916 system and parts... they are in prodution, and they hope to have the units available by the end of the month... that is what i was told from DMC just about an hour ago.

I always thought the person who is doing the portwork will know what pipe will work best with his port job.

See what he says. I always read dmc's were low-mid and t5's were an all around pipe and respond very well to a port job.

I've rode Shee's with both pipes. The DMC's have killer mid range and very good top end. Toomeys have a good mid range but come on a little bit stronger up top. It all depends on what you will be using the Shee for. Tracks and trails, i'd go with the DMC's. They're a very good all around pipe. Open areas, sand pits, dirt roads, drags, I'd say Toomey. Both pipes have excellent craftmanship and hold up very well. The Toomeys are louder. The DMC 916 sounds like a street bike, very unique. Hope this helps. Good luck.

As far as wher you can purchase the DMC's? I got mine at a local stealership but moto-man has them.

http://www.moto-man.com/cgi-bin/motoman/16...tml?id=JG222YDQ

Edited by 4strokessuck